What's new

Danny Ainge hired as CEO of basketball operations

I dont like anything about it. And it further solidifies what seemed apparent about Smith and his inside circle. His media choices, friends and family plan to fill the Stars roster, and now Ainge. IMO DL was better than Ainge and dealt straight with people. I also like JZ more than Ainge. Culture has always been a big deal for the Jazz and Smith is undoing what has been built. I suppose the next move is Greg Wrubel replacing Locke and Jimmer coming off the bench. I am already longing for the days when decisions were made based upon merit.

Last edited:
This is bad enough from a basketball perspective, but when you look at Ainge’s recent quotes on racism in Boston and players voicing their political opinions, this is REALLY bad.

It’s such a bad look for everything that Ryan claims to stand for. I’m sure it’s not as big of a deal for some of our fanbase but I feel extremely let down today. My faith that Smith actually believes in the changes he claims to be pushing for is shook. It all looks like just a bunch of lip service and a pandering to his players now.

Cool, we hired a guy that wouldn't do a sign and trade for Gordo and then absolutely demanded one for trading Gordo away. Sounds like a great pick up....

Date the girl/guy that ****s the best. Amiright??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's hope he will be like one of those guys you hate when on the opposite team but get to love them when they come to play for yours..

Date the girl/guy that ****s the best. Amiright??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
giphy.gif

Would hope Smith, Wade, Zanik spent a lot of time talking this out before deciding to bring Ainge on

Would hope Smith, Wade, Zanik spent a lot of time talking this out before deciding to bring Ainge on
100%. If this was any sort of a surprise to Zanik then I think Smith ****ed all the way up.

One of Ainge’s sons is apparently an assistant GM with Boston.

Your life and health depends on buttwiping, so....
idk, cavemen did fine without butt wiping. And from what I hear the french never wipe their butts.

I guess a positive is that Ainge can non-emotionally trade a guy like Clarkson, and since he isnt handling day-to-day operations, he won't have to deal with the players and JZ can play good cop on the ground floor.

PLayers: Yo what the **** JZ we loved Clarkson

JZ: Dont look at me, it was that bastard Ainge, he took my damn job too.

Unity in hating Ainge = championship.
This is the only positive I can come up with. Maybe if he makes the emotionless trade that puts us over the top and wins us a championship I'll rethink my current opinion of this. I'm currently not very happy.