What's new

Dante’s Night Rises — TJ Warren & Suns @ Utah 3/15/2018 7:00 pm MST

Tonight showed one thing I hadn't thought of. If Exum checks in late in the 1st and 3rd Quarters he has opportunities to get to the free throw line (due to bonus) and defenders are going to have to be careful when he drives. And when they lay off a little he should have some easy looks at the rim.

So you’re saying Dante should be all about attacking the rim jobs ?

Any forearm contact to the back of an airborne player is typically called a foul.
We are watching a different league if you think this. And this game the refs were letting a lot go. There were 20+ plays in this game alone with more contact than that with no call.

If anything Gobert is moving away from contact.

The second quarter EDIT:(the start of the 3rd was better) was a thing of a beauty. Great ball movement leading to 3s and dunks. This was great also:
Z5A6NdL.gif

Crowder was amazing once again.

Last edited:
I can't see any contact, and even if there were, it's insignificant contact which has nothing to do with him blowing the dunk or falling to the floor. Contact has to "disrupt the shooters balance or rythm" or something like that, to be whistled. He slams the ball into the rim and falls because he has nothing to grab onto. And this doesn't explain or excuse the targetting of Rubio.

Yours is a terrible hot take. It's like Archie hacked your account.

Sometimes when you are a contrarian and prefer to challenge the easiest of things to agree with you end up defending marquese chriss when he airballs a dunk.

Chriss had no understanding of why he was even mad... he’s the worst.

Is anybody else noticing how Derrick has been shutting down some of the fastest guards in the league on switches on the perimeter and especially when they try to beat him off the dribble. His explosiveness is back to normal too. He's already surpassed his career record for dunks in a season too.

I listened to his interview after the game talking about how he's sacrificed his shots and paint presence for the team in order to be able to better space the floor with Rudy(his words were "well, one of us had to sacrifice"). It would be such a shame to lose him. A true team player who in a contract year is again putting the team ahead of himself just like he did it last year when he played through injuries because we needed wins to keep Haywood and George "my toe hurts" Hill..

Any forearm contact to the back of an airborne player is typically called a foul.

Then why didn't he complain to the ref? He just got up to run back down court and then bumped Ricky along the way. Chriss has 8 techs on the season so I imagine he's not shy about going at it with the refs.

BTW, I watched the Suns feed of the game and they didn't even try to make the argument that he was fouled.

Sometimes when you are a contrarian and prefer to challenge the easiest of things to agree with you end up defending marquese chriss when he airballs a dunk.

Chriss had no understanding of why he was even mad... he’s the worst.

One thing The Suns starters lead the league in is technical fouls - Booker, Warren, Jackson and Chriss are all in the top 15 in techs. Which might have something to do with the refs inbounding the ball while Chriss was sulking on the floor, lol

They're not even like-able losers.

Last edited:
I dont see how it isnt. He makes contact with an airborne player.

In Cy's defense, Gobert did push Chriss a little bit. A tiny push (arm on the back) that can get a weak or uncoordinated player out of balance. Other players could finish through that type of contact but in this case it doesn't help that Chriss sucks at basketball. Also, losing the ball in mid-air like that made it look like he was out of control which made it really hard for the refs to make the call. If it was Harden missing a layup/dunk I can see the refs making the call (of course, he does a much better job of keeping his body in control and selling contact).

On the other hand, there is no excuse for Chriss reaction afterwards. You just continue playing. Idiot hot-headed punk.

Last edited:
One thing The Suns starters lead the league in is technical fouls - Booker, Warren, Jackson and Chriss are all in the top 15 in techs. Which might have something to do with the refs inbounding the ball while Chriss was on the sulking on the floor, lol

They're not even like-able losers.

Definitely 'likability', player's reputation (as a flopper, jerk or dirty player) or previous history between a ref-player affects officiating. Reminds of Cousins in Sac who sometimes would get hacked but rarely received the benefit of the doubt. Refs don't like whiners. Also, you don't get calls if you suck at basketball.

My favorite stat from last night. Only 7 turnovers for the jazz. During this great stretch of basketball from the jazz my one complaint has been turnovers. If they can get that under control consistantly then they really dont have any weaknesses.

Suns didn't have their Jimmy Butler at home sending messages about how proud he is of Dudley and Chriss. Shame.

I can't see any contact, and even if there were, it's insignificant contact which has nothing to do with him blowing the dunk or falling to the floor. Contact has to "disrupt the shooters balance or rythm" or something like that, to be whistled. He slams the ball into the rim and falls because he has nothing to grab onto. And this doesn't explain or excuse the targetting of Rubio.

Yours is a terrible hot take. It's like Archie hacked your account.
No, I just think player safety for airborne players is important.

Im not explaining or excusing anything in regards to the fight. Just saying I do think a foul should have been called prior.

We are watching a different league if you think this. And this game the refs were letting a lot go. There were 20+ plays in this game alone with more contact than that with no call.

If anything Gobert is moving away from contact.
No, it's usually called. Ive seen the same foul called for less contact on a player going up in the air.

Then why didn't he complain to the ref? He just got up to run back down court and then bumped Ricky along the way. Chriss has 8 techs on the season so I imagine he's not shy about going at it with the refs.

BTW, I watched the Suns feed of the game and they didn't even try to make the argument that he was fouled.
Because he is an angry dude. Im not excusing it man. I'm just saying there should have been a foul called.

Andy Larsen agreed with me on this in his Triple Team article btw.

The second quarter was a thing of a beauty. Great ball movement leading to 3s and dunks. This was great also:
Z5A6NdL.gif

Crowder was amazing once again.

I like how Rudy was there for the putback just in case.

What the hell is up with Chrissy starting fights all the time? Is that dude retarded or something? It's like he tries to do this by himself or with some of his teamates every single time in games which is getting to a point that is repetitious and stupid. It's not gonna make him look tough or get respect from other players in the league but instead a coward, loser and a cheat.

Massive respect for Rubio. I always saw him as a little soft in Minnesota, but he’s been getting targeted for physical play and cheap shots by a number of teams this year and hasn’t backed down an inch. Doesn’t talk any **** (that’s what Jingles is for) - he just goes shoots his free throws then continues to pester and outwork his opponent. Between that and his improved shooting, I’m really glad he’s on this team right now.

I had to put this on my 52 inch tv to figure out how the hell Rubio even saw Crowder.

Ricky had been great finding guys. I gave up too early on him and don’t deserve to enjoy his greatness now... but I will enjoy it nonetheless.

It helps having more smart guys that know where to go and where to be... crowder has been good moving off ball.