What's new

Dante Exum Free Throw Attempts

We know his defense is quite good for where he's at. Now it's just time for him to work on his O. The key to his being an all star is his driving. When he drives, he gets assists, puts pressure on defenses, draws fouls, and can use his court vision. Otherwise he just shoots set threes. This is why he has to totally change his game. I would be interested to see even how many times he's driven to the basket.

We know his defense is quite good for where he's at. Now it's just time for him to work on his O. The key to his being an all star is his driving. When he drives, he gets assists, puts pressure on defenses, draws fouls, and can use his court vision. Otherwise he just shoots set threes. This is why he has to totally change his game. I would be interested to see even how many times he's driven to the basket.

1.8 times a game in 19.8 min and the team scores 2 ppg

In contrast Trey drives 6.8 times and the team scores 7.5 ppg

1.8 times a game in 19.8 min and the team scores 2 ppg

In contrast Trey drives 6.8 times and the team scores 7.5 ppg

Interesting numbers, although they're probably a bit meaningless for Dante because it's a limited sample size.

I went and looked at all of the players in the league and it seems that 1.3+ pps on drives for the team is elite (Harden, Curry, Lowry), 1.2+ is great (Wade, Hayward), 1.1+ is decent (T. Parker, L. James, Burke, Burks, Exum, Westbrook). Below 1 pps for the team on drives is really bad (Carter Williams .98, Dion Waters with OKC .63 wow!).

Not sure how to interpret this completely.

Exum is the softest professional athlete of all time. I don't care how young he is. Soft is soft.

https://www.basketball-reference.co...omp=gt&c6mult=1.0&c6stat=&order_by=fta_per_mp

Exum has the lowest FTA per 36min of any teenager in NBA history ("qualified for for Minutes Per Game Leaderboard"). PRO TIP: All the players on the list are teenagers, so don't remind us that he is "only 19".

But I shouldn't be concerned about this right?

I'm as concerned about it as I would be if I were a Tony Parker or Kevin Garnett fan in their rookie years, who are also near the bottom of the list.