What's new

Dante has been out forever because he ded

In a, bitchy family kinda way.
So...you're saying we are family!?! Thanks bro.

"...we few, we happy few, we band of brothers (and sisters) for (s)he today that cheers the Jazz with me shall be my sister (or brother). Be he e'r so vile, but this day shall gentle his condition. And gentlemen in Boston now abed shall think themselves accursed, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks that cheered with us on Jazzfanz."
Shake-n-bakespear, from Henry V at delicate arch court, Act 4 scene 5
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using JazzFanz mobile app

Last edited:
Yabut they expire this season... If Dante was a 1+1 or 2+1 its a different story.
Good point but I see it like this - we can only really judge on the present and the past. Over the last two years, Exum has been paid less than Thabo and Udoh but has provided more. If this same injury garbage happens next year, then of course I hate his contract.

However, I still choose to have faith that Exum will end this season well and look like a great contract number going into next season. If we want to go anywhere this postseason, we need Exum.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Remember when @Jazz told us Exum was ready to go for the Thunder game after the ASB and the Jazz just held him out?

Or how we can’t beat good teams without him but then we beat Milwaukee and Denver back to back so he tried to convince us that Milwaukee and Denver aren’t good anyway?

After being out this long you have to think it's going to take Dante quite a while to find his rhythm and start playing well again once he finally comes back. Every game is so important from here on out, I really hope him being reinserted into the lineup doesn't mess things up too much.
Not coming back, he ded.

It's obvious that the person that we drafted in 2014, Dante Exum, died sometime shortly after his ankle was sprained in early January. He was probably alive up to that point, unless the doppelganger the government or the Jazz found for him was able to play basketball at a fringe NBA level, which seems far less likely.

So why the cover up? Why not let it go public that he died? On one hand, it might be because they found an incredible Dante lookalike to sit on the sidelines so they could still trade him. But then they didn't trade him, so that possibility is out. So he must have died in some really bad way that would reflect poorly on the franchise.

My guess is that either a trainer killed him by mistake or Quin killed him out of rage or just a deeply-rooted need to kill. Those seem like the most likely scenarios to explain Dante's death and the subsequent cover up, since we know those two things to be factual.

If people are gonna go all crybaby about wasted money, be objective. Udoh and Thabo waste the same amount of money and bench space as Exum.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app
You've still yet to prove how they are worse. That is because you can't. Let's talk objectively:

-Dante Exum has never posted a positive VORP for a season (this season, VORP is -0.2). Both Udoh (a pure reserve) and Sefolosha (a 30-something player coming off of a significant knee injury) are posting a positive VORP (0.3 and 0.2, respectively).
-Dante Exum has never posted a positive BPM (+/-) for a season (this season, BPM is -3.1). Both Udoh and Sefolosha are posting a positive BPM (3.3 and 0.4, respectively).
-Exum has an inferior WS per 48 (a paltry .087) to both Sefolosha (.115 which is better by ~40%) and Udoh (.197, more than double).
-Exum has a 12.6 PER which hardly more productive than Sefolosha (who's contribution and role isn't at all conducive to PER) at 12.1, and is dwarfed by Udoh's 17.5 (again, whose role isn't to be productive).
-Neither Udoh or Sefolosha are on guaranteed contracts heading into the big cap space year (the only time salary matters for basketball purposes is in the context of being under the cap or above the luxury tax, a situation the Jazz haven't really been in since while Sefolosha and Udoh have been on the team).

My point isn't how great Sefolosha and Udoh are, my point is that even compared to end-of-bench players, Dante Exum is substantially and demonstrably worse at winning games. This isn't even actually my point; it's in response to your completely baseless claim that Exum is 'objectively' better than either player, which makes your claim that Exum is worth twice the salary (actually a lot more than that) almost-hilariously ****ing off.

We don't have to be flagrantly intellectually dishonest about this. Exum isn't good and he's being paid insane money on a longterm deal considering the reality of the situation.

I'm of course going to hope that he learns how to shoot, have good posture, breathe properly, and not shatter with nearly-impressive regularity. Nobody is actually rooting against Exum.

Last edited:
What has happened with Dante is beyond comprehension. And I just don't get why the Jazz are so secretive about injuries. How much of an advantage does it give them in winning games? Very little. As we have seen, they are winning games with them being out. What it does show is that we could actually trade Dante and Rubio for some real assets without hurting the team. I'd keep Neto because of his low salary and capability to play as the 3rd PG (the injuries seems more to be of a recent trend rather than long term).

What has happened with Dante is beyond comprehension. And I just don't get why the Jazz are so secretive about injuries. How much of an advantage does it give them in winning games? Very little. As we have seen, they are winning games with them being out. What it does show is that we could actually trade Dante and Rubio for some real assets without hurting the team. I'd keep Neto because of his low salary and capability to play as the 3rd PG (the injuries seems more to be of a recent trend rather than long term).
The secret is the Jazz are better without him and his injuries are basically a blessing to how well they play basketball.

When they say “will re-evaluate in 2 weeks” they’re actually trying to buy some more time to work on his new titanium-ankle clone.

You've still yet to prove how they are worse. That is because you can't. Let's talk objectively:

-Dante Exum has never posted a positive VORP for a season (this season, VORP is -0.2). Both Udoh (a pure reserve) and Sefolosha (a 30-something player coming off of a significant knee injury) are posting a positive VORP (0.3 and 0.2, respectively).
-Dante Exum has never posted a positive BPM (+/-) for a season (this season, BPM is -3.1). Both Udoh and Sefolosha are posting a positive BPM (3.3 and 0.4, respectively).
-Exum has an inferior WS per 48 (a paltry .087) to both Sefolosha (.115 which is better by ~40%) and Udoh (.197, more than double).
-Exum has a 12.6 PER which hardly more productive than Sefolosha (who's contribution and role isn't at all conducive to PER) at 12.1, and is dwarfed by Udoh's 17.5 (again, whose role isn't to be productive).
-Neither Udoh or Sefolosha are on guaranteed contracts heading into the big cap space year (the only time salary matters for basketball purposes is in the context of being under the cap or above the luxury tax, a situation the Jazz haven't really been in since while Sefolosha and Udoh have been on the team).

My point isn't how great Sefolosha and Udoh are, my point is that even compared to end-of-bench players, Dante Exum is substantially and demonstrably worse at winning games. This isn't even actually my point; it's in response to your completely baseless claim that Exum is 'objectively' better than either player, which makes your claim that Exum is worth twice the salary (actually a lot more than that) almost-hilariously ****ing off.

We don't have to be flagrantly intellectually dishonest about this. Exum isn't good and he's being paid insane money on a longterm deal considering the reality of the situation.

I'm of course going to hope that he learns how to shoot, have good posture, breathe properly, and not shatter with nearly-impressive regularity. Nobody is actually rooting against Exum.
Spot on. Exum post of the year there.

So many words... here is the only stat you need... he is 100% ded... tough to overcome.

Of course yourself and many people are against him. I just hope he shuts you and many people up. Of course he's better than sefolosha and udoh. Smh

Of course yourself and many people are against him. I just hope he shuts you and many people up. Of course he's better than sefolosha and udoh. Smh
Jazz... once arguing that Exum is better than Mitchell, now relegated to arguing that he’s better than Udoh and Sefolosha. Up next: fierce arguments with homeytennis.

Gotta be a rough day for Jazz.