What's new

DANTE TRADED TO CAVS

I believe Clarkson was the guy that took Rodney Hood's minutes in the 17-18 season in Cleveland.

Maybe a bit of a reach - but it's the only time he's ever played on a team with an actual offense and he played well. His overall resume is not very impressive though - never been a fan TBH. But other than that 30 or so game stretch in Cleveland he's played his entire team on garbage teams so who knows.

As for the trade, hell yeah, there weren't playing Dante anyway and to drop Exum's two remaining years for an expiring is giant bonus. Jazz need a SG to take minutes. Donovan's going to be burned out by April - watching that chucker Herro take advantage of DM tonight burned my ***.

outside of his expiring contract, i don't think clarkson would do much to this current roster. we already got enough players who are good at nothing besides ball-hogging/chucking. we need guys who provide energy/hustle/length. we are not really a better team after these moves. could be worse after losing a legit 6'8 forward in green.

Ummm, who?

The big difference is Clarkson is a lot more willing to shoot 3's.
Yeah... he’s a good numbers bad team guy at this point but he’s been decently efficient over his career and really efficient this year.

I did give myself a minor panic attack thinking about the ball movement and defense of a Mudiay, Clarkson, Green bench unit. Green now out it might make some sense but the bench is still the island of misfit toys.

Yeah... he’s a good numbers bad team guy at this point but he’s been decently efficient over his career and really efficient this year.

I did give myself a minor panic attack thinking about the ball movement and defense of a Mudiay, Clarkson, Green bench unit. Green now out it might make some sense but the bench is still the island of misfit toys.
He put up good stats on the only good team he had a chance to be part of.

Clarkson isn’t perfect, has his flaws, he’s inconsistent, at times he’ll throw up 20+ points and light it up, but the next night he’ll shoot 25-30% with 8 points on 15 shots, but at the end of the day he’s going to give us more in a little over half a season than what we got from Exum in 5 years, so I’m good, IMO clarkson is about the best value we could expect from an Exum trade.