What's new

DANTE TRADED TO CAVS

the guy hasn’t even got on a plane and we trading him already.
DL’s son bought him an XBox and 2k for an early Christmas gift. After he took a real liking to it, he asked himself why he wasn’t GMing like that, so he went out and did it.

In post-game interviews, Gobert, DM and Jingles all spoke highly of Dante, great team-mate, worked hard, and talked about him getting an opportunity. Quin, on the other hand:

I've never been a believer on the Quin-hates-Dante conspiracy theory, but that's pretty cold.

Quin not being a player, and in a way an extension of the FO, is forbidden from discussing the trade until it’s official.

Something to consider

Hate to rain on this parade but this trade was much more likely about freeing up money next year to re-sign Royce while comfortably staying away from any luxury tax implications rather than flipping Clarkson for someone with a bigger contract.

My guess is they're working on a Royce extension right now.

This isn’t our FO’s MO and I’m not necessarily advocating for it, but this move opens up more trade possibilities.

Clarkson is making 13.437M. Ed Davis is making 4.449M.

That’s 17.886M. 125% of that would be 22.357M.

So maybe we could flip these two for something under that 22.357M? Though since we are now under the cap, I don’t think we can execute a trade that puts us over the cap.
Gallinari.

Hate to rain on this parade but this trade was much more likely about freeing up money next year to re-sign Royce while comfortably staying away from any luxury tax implications rather than flipping Clarkson for someone with a bigger contract.

My guess is they're working on a Royce extension right now.
The Jazz weren’t going to be close to the tax either way. They should be under the CAP next year with this move.

So far this season Clarkson is 7th in the league in bench scoring.