What's new

DANTE TRADED TO CAVS

I don't think I've ever seen anything like the Exum craziness in the Jazz fandom before. One group is at the extreme hate point where they refuse to recognize any good moment Dante ever had on the Jazz. Another group is at extreme stan level where Quin was the only thing holding Dante back from being a superstar. It feels like there were very few people in the middle. I had high expectations for Dante early in his career obviously because he was a top 5 pick. With each passing year my expectations lowered. As of now I view him as a prospect that can be multi-positional defender for an NBA team. I think that has value in the league. I think that he still has untapped potential that he has time to unlock. I understood why the Jazz held on to him so long. I also understood why some fans were ready to give up on him before the Jazz were. I am fine with the Jazz trading him now. I wish Dante the best in Cleveland.

Most of all I'm glad the crazy divisiveness over Dante within the fanbase can finally go bye bye lol.
Obviously you never ran into Carlos Boozer at Best Buy before.

Dante has more upside than most fans think, but he would never have achieved anything here. Quin had him on a short leash with a shock collar. If you're constantly injured, or miss lots of time in different seasons, Quin has trouble believing you'll ever amount to much. Did it to Burks too. Both are better players than Quin treats them, but they have proven they can't be counted on for any length of time, I guess. Anyway, Dante is gone, Clarkson is here and is currently a much better player and provides something the Jazz need. Just his presence on the court puts pressure on the defense. Additionally, he'll be allowed to do what he does without fear of jeopardizing playing time or being relegated to the end of the bench. Dante will get a chance to prove he can play without being pulled after every little mistake. I think he'll make the most of it and become the slasher he should've been. He is already an almost elite defender, and has all the attributes necessary to become one. For what he's done, the Jazz got more than fair value and improved cap room next year, a clear win win. It's too bad Jazz fans don't leave him alone.

Dante has more upside than most fans think, but he would never have achieved anything here. Quin had him on a short leash with a shock collar. If you're constantly injured, or miss lots of time in different seasons, Quin has trouble believing you'll ever amount to much. Did it to Burks too. Both are better players than Quin treats them, but they have proven they can't be counted on for any length of time, I guess. Anyway, Dante is gone, Clarkson is here and is currently a much better player and provides something the Jazz need. Just his presence on the court puts pressure on the defense. Additionally, he'll be allowed to do what he does without fear of jeopardizing playing time or being relegated to the end of the bench. Dante will get a chance to prove he can play without being pulled after every little mistake. I think he'll make the most of it and become the slasher he should've been. He is already an almost elite defender, and has all the attributes necessary to become one. For what he's done, the Jazz got more than fair value and improved cap room next year, a clear win win. It's too bad Jazz fans don't leave him alone.

Wish there was a "Haha" reply button because hahahahahahahahahaha!

fwiw Sexton looks very underwhelming Terrible iq and atrocious D

Dante prob needs a good couple of months of game play to get game conditioning and back to speed after that injury

fwiw Sexton looks very underwhelming Terrible iq and atrocious D

Dante prob needs a good couple of months of game play to get game conditioning and back to speed after that injury
The Cavs might have the 4 worst PGs who get minutes in the NBA and Sexton is somehow the best player of the 4.

The Cavs might have the 4 worst PGs who get minutes in the NBA and Sexton is somehow the best player of the 4.
Sexton, on offense was very efficient last year after the all star break. He needs to play with someone who can rein him in some, though. Garland doesn't help and Cedi, Nance and Exum are too selfless and unassertive to demand the ball ans get him off his bad habits.

Tony,

1) Any chance we flip Clarkson for someone else before the deadline?
2) Any chance we pursue Faried (released in China) or Carroll (DNP’ing in SA)?
3) Merry Christmas
4) Watch out for @Eenie-Meenie srsly

1) I don’t think the jazz are done with the roster. I do think they are committed to Clarkson for at least the remainder of the season

2) I don’t think there is any interest in faried. I think there may be at least a passing interest in Carroll

3) merry Christmas and happy new year!!!!

4) will do!!!

Could it be that Jazz management and coaches were lying to us and the media about Dante's health? He has played two games for the Cavs with a win and a loss. He has played roughly 16 minutes a game is averaging 8.5 ppg on 60% shooting. Seems like he could have given the Jazz some decent minutes this past month or six weeks. I love the trade.

1) I don’t think the jazz are done with the roster. I do think they are committed to Clarkson for at least the remainder of the season

2) I don’t think there is any interest in faried. I think there may be at least a passing interest in Carroll

3) merry Christmas and happy new year!!!!

4) will do!!!

Thank you for taking the time to respond, Tony.

Could it be that Jazz management and coaches were lying to us and the media about Dante's health? He has played two games for the Cavs with a win and a loss. He has played roughly 16 minutes a game is averaging 8.5 ppg on 60% shooting. Seems like he could have given the Jazz some decent minutes this past month or six weeks. I love the trade.
But if he gets hurt the Jazz have to hold onto him for another year or two until he gets "better."

What lies? They've never said he had any minutes restrictions once he returned. Quin just wasn't playing him. Or, in TJ speak "He wasn't in the rotation."

But if he gets hurt the Jazz have to hold onto him for another year or two until he gets "better."
That is true but we are on the hook for more $$$ potentially with Conley. I like the trade but I have the feeling coaches, management and Locke were not exactly shooting straight with us great unwashed masses.

What lies? They've never said he had any minutes restrictions once he returned. Quin just wasn't playing him. Or, in TJ speak "He wasn't in the rotation."
By omission. They would go tell some in the media that he doesn't have his spring back and they would acquiesce that he must still be hurting physically and yell it to the roof tops. Look the guy's gone. Let's celebrate Jordan and the GLeague dude.

I reviewed the games, and while Dante does look slower, he can still be productive. But not in Snyder's system. If you're coming off the bench for Snyder, you need to be a ball dominant ISO scorer. For example, even though Joe Ingles is still a good player, you wouldn't know that if you force him to come off the bench for Snyder.

It'll be interesting to see if Exum amounts to anything on the Cavs, since he's finally being given a fair shot. He isn't getting immediately yanked for bad plays. And that is allowing him to learn from his mistakes and not overthink.

I will say that I don't think he will ever become a starter because his shot is complete ****. He had 5 years to hire a shooting coach and didn't do it. So that's completely on him.