What's new

DANTE TRADED TO CAVS

Dante has more upside than most fans think, but he would never have achieved anything here. Quin had him on a short leash with a shock collar. If you're constantly injured, or miss lots of time in different seasons, Quin has trouble believing you'll ever amount to much. Did it to Burks too. Both are better players than Quin treats them, but they have proven they can't be counted on for any length of time, I guess. Anyway, Dante is gone, Clarkson is here and is currently a much better player and provides something the Jazz need. Just his presence on the court puts pressure on the defense. Additionally, he'll be allowed to do what he does without fear of jeopardizing playing time or being relegated to the end of the bench. Dante will get a chance to prove he can play without being pulled after every little mistake. I think he'll make the most of it and become the slasher he should've been. He is already an almost elite defender, and has all the attributes necessary to become one. For what he's done, the Jazz got more than fair value and improved cap room next year, a clear win win. It's too bad Jazz fans don't leave him alone.

I’m tired of hearing about Exum’s potential. Potential is more than just running a 100 meter sprint. Potential also includes things like skills, motor, and basketball IQ. Exum was at the bottom of all of those. So yes, while he had a long body and good speed, he sucked. Especially at ballhandling, which is odd since he was a guard.

seriously, think about it. Name another guard in the entire league with such limited ballhandling skills.

Reactions: MVP
Going back in time and reading comments is always interesting. Most favorable, but several thought JC sucked.
I have no idea what I said about clarkson at the time but I'm pretty sure I wasn't very high on Clarkson. However, I think I might have been exums biggest hater (I didn't like Exum the day we drafted him) so I'm sure I liked the trade.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Cy had these particularly prophetic takes:

"....Clarkson sucks"

"....(Ed) Davis has been fine."

Regarding Clarkson's ability to score 25-30 on a given night:
"Clarkson can not do that on any given night."
"He can't do that any given night. You can say that about dudes who have put up 20 ppg seasons, not about a dude who has had a couple of 15 ppg seasons on bad teams."

On Al Horford and his fit on the Jazz with a $100 plus million contract:
"He isnt a liability at all. The dude is a monster. I'd kill to have him at his contract for the Jazz."

Stay in school, kids.

Going back in time and reading comments is always interesting. Most favorable, but several thought JC sucked.

Hell, we don’t even have to go that far back to get a chuckle. There were plenty of fans on here as well as Jazz twitter that were doing some serious hand-wringing when it came time to either resign Clarkson or let him walk.

Some of those takes were spit out your drink hilarious.

Cy had these particularly prophetic takes:

"....Clarkson sucks"

"....(Ed) Davis has been fine."

Regarding Clarkson's ability to score 25-30 on a given night:
"Clarkson can not do that on any given night."
"He can't do that any given night. You can say that about dudes who have put up 20 ppg seasons, not about a dude who has had a couple of 15 ppg seasons on bad teams."

On Al Horford and his fit on the Jazz with a $100 plus million contract:
"He isnt a liability at all. The dude is a monster. I'd kill to have him at his contract for the Jazz."

Stay in school, kids.
These aren't even my worst clarkson takes.

I was very wrong on him and he's been one of my favorites this year.

These aren't even my worst clarkson takes.

I was very wrong on him and he's been one of my favorites this year.
Hey, I write in an article how Muduiay was going to catapult his career with the. And I stick with Exum beyond what any sane person would do,

Reactions: MVP
I have no idea what I said about clarkson at the time but I'm pretty sure I wasn't very high on Clarkson. However, I think I might have been exums biggest hater (I didn't like Exum the day we drafted him) so I'm sure I liked the trade.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
I'm right there with you. I hated the pick, and I'm not even one to follow the draft too closely. But even to me I know there were better players. It was a mistake of drafting for potential and need, not BPA at all. And I thought the FO needed to be castrated for extending DedEx. Hell I coined the name DedEx. So for that reason I loved the trade for Clarkson. Still to. Easily the most lop-sided trade in jazz history. Maybe there are arguably more impactful trades, but none have been that lop-sided. And I just love clarkson more every single day. Yeah occasionally he can be exasperating, getting tunnel vision or stuck in traffic or whatever, but frankly the fact that he has the highest motor on the entire team, and most consistent, by a wide margin often, and that he seems to love it here, and that he wants to get better, and is getting better, means I can only stay mad for like 10 seconds. Absolutely love this guy.