What's new

David Griffin: "How the h*** do we not love the Utah Jazz?"

He should be Counting Calories.
They paved paradise and put up an all-you-can-eat buffet.

Edit: Let's just hope I never run for political office. Fat-shaming would come back to haunt me. But seriously, I've never understood the nostalgia for these over-the-hill former stars. Let their "good" music live on, but let the actual singers retire to Shady Pines and not try to perform WAY past their primes.
I just saw Whitesnake a couple weeks ago. And Foreigner. But I didn’t go for them. **** them. The singer has been in the band since 2004 but kept talking like he was there from the beginning.

Saw the Counting Crows at Red Butte recently and unfortunately Duritz couldn't even come close to singing in the same key as the songs required. The band was good but I felt ripped off. Love their music though. Back up singers could have made it so much better, which makes me think either he has a huge ego or the whole band and management are deaf. Oh, and he was dressed like he just walked out of Walmart... dirty looking oversized jeans with an oversized t-shirt for his out-of-shape physique. Luckily it was still a good night because Red Butte and its crowd is awesome.

think he blew out his voice on the second or third tour, I think the weight gain had something to do with giving up cocaine...

think he blew out his voice on the second or third tour, I think the weight gain had something to do with giving up cocaine...
In the video I posted, it’s not just the voice — it’s the effort.

I didn't have time to watch it, been busy but i'd guess if you've been singing the same song for 25 years you'd probably be sick of it.
Yeah, maybe, but for anyone who’s around still playing songs 25+ years old, he seems to be the exception to the rule.

We gotta stay hungry and continue to embrace this underdog, underestimated mentality ... or we can let it get to our heads leading to us to get shook.

Sent from my ASUS_X018D using JazzFanz mobile app

The Counting Crows, regardless of what you think of the music, are one of the very best live touring acts. Hands down. Duritz may have blown his voice - that happens on long tours, especially for aging singers, but the entire "sings songs in a different key" is a feature, not a bug. From their very earliest days they've completely redone their major songs during live events - adding verses, combining them with other famous songs by other artists, and even completely changing the tempo or keys.

Check out their live album "Across a Wire" that was recorded for MTV - they completely changed every one of their songs, playing "Mr. Jones" as a slow, acoustic ballad, "Round Here" with just Duritz and a piano, etc.

Best concert I ever went to was the August and Everything After anniversary concert in New York City. They played the entire album cover to cover but with each song being significantly different than the recorded version, including a take on "Rain King" that interspersed the lyrics and melody with Springstein's "Thunder Road." It was amazing.

Strongly recommend anyone who was disappointed with them at Red Butte see them again. The guy is a psychological mess, but a brilliant singer-songwriter.

He should be Counting Calories.
But seriously, I've never understood the nostalgia for these over-the-hill former stars. Let their "good" music live on, but let the actual singers retire to Shady Pines and not try to perform WAY past their primes.

Ehh, here's a couple from their latest album. I'd say they're a far cry from over-the-hill:

Palisades Park:

Possibility Days - in my opinion, the best thing they've ever done:

Jazz are going to be damn hard to stop considering the improvements. We have a lot of weapons now. Our defense ranks among the best. As long as our stars stay healthy everything else will play out smoothly. When the Jazz are clicking, no team has figured out how to stop us. We just start to steamroll. It's a beautiful thing Dennis Lindsay has done. Beautiful.

The Jazz need a reliable, athletic 20+ point scorer in the front court. They might have enough of everything else.

11 players in the NBA match your criteria. (12 if you count Middleton)

Anthony Davis
Lebron James
Giannis
Durant
Cousins
Aldridge
Embiid
Porzingis
Paul George
Blake Griffin
Karl Anthony-Towns

I guess MAYBE you could get Blake Griffin.

Would you trade DM Favors picks for Davis? Gobert+ Davis would be beastly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nah for the full wet dream we figure out how to package everyone not named Gobert or Donovan and add AD to the 2 of them. Mitchell - Davis - Gobert and filler. And we win all the rings. Seriously the defense would be off the charts. No one would score in the paint. No one.

Yeah, I wouldn't trade for anyone. I toldw trade Gobert before him but both are untouchable right now.

I wouldn't trade Mitchell for all of GS's roster.

I feel the same way.
I was camping with some friends during the playoffs this year and they thought I was crazy for not being willing to trade him for guys like Westbrook, Lillard, harden, kahwi, etc.
At that time I would have traded him for Durant, AD, maybe steph, maybe giannis. Now? Untouchable. Idgaf who was offered, I say no.