What's new

David Locke/Donovan Mitchell Beef?

1. Concrete examples of treating people like ****? Or that he thinks he’s some basketball genius?
2. He’s more knowledgeable than anyone here and most people in basketball media.

I stand by my position that Locke haters reveal more about themselves than they do about him.

His stats takes are pretty cringe and I hate that he's a figurehead for basketball analytics (he's like 10 years behind), but it is funny when PAAC and Mitchell intersect. If Don played for another team he would definitely say he's overrated.

I wish we still had the loose belt picture floating around.
scott_layden_display_image.jpg

I searched google 5 different ways trying to find it. The one that worked was "Scott Layden www.jazzfanz.com"

Last edited:
Come on guys ...Donovan has alpha instincts. You may hate it and may not work all the time but those guys are super rare.
que my "alpha" trigger...

I'm sorry, but using the term "alpha" is lame. It's a meaningless term.

I really wonder in an alternate universe where Mitchell doesnt inexplicably become a dominant offensive player, and he's just an average offensive player (like a Marcus Smart), does his defense fall this much to the wayside? Is it really a complete lack of training/focus/effort on that end, or was actually just never really that good at defense? We just thought he could be because of athletic testing + strength and wingspan.
Gosh your shtick is getting old.

Go watch the playoffs and appreciate Mitchell. He's the main reason we had a chance in any playoff series we have had in his time.

Or go root for another team.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

This is some wild ****. Why we bashing the guy? Also, there are no empty stats in the playoffs… dude has been a superstar in the playoffs. He’s not Kawhi… it’d be nice if he was… can we please stop dragging our players?

Yeah, I think this is a whole lot of nothing. I listen to Locke regularly and find many of his takes informative and interesting. Sometimes I think he is off and his homerism drives me nuts, but I am grateful when he says thing me that need to be said. His analysis of the lack of passing on the second half of the Pistons game was spot on. I was so distraught about the defense I missed that while watching the game.

Also, anyone who thinks he dislikes Mitchell or Ron Boone doesn’t listen to him much. He speaks glowingly about both of them all the time (obnoxiously so).

The irony of lopo complaining about others complaining about jazz players.
It's funny how Don gets bashed by so many people for getting upset about Rudy likely giving him Covid.

Yet it's perfectly fine for Rudy to complain about everybody all the time considering how he is such a dominant force in the playoffs.

When Don is the only reason we contend in the playoffs, you don't see Don roasting Rudy for getting his *** handed to him by Jokic or the Clippers, etc.

So many hypocrites in this fanbase.

It's funny how Don gets bashed by so many people for getting upset about Rudy likely giving him Covid.

Yet it's perfectly fine for Rudy to complain about everybody all the time considering how he is such a dominant force in the playoffs.

When Don is the only reason we contend in the playoffs, you don't see Don roasting Rudy for getting his *** handed to him by Jokic or the Clippers, etc.

I thought it was pretty much confirmed a few months after the fact that DM gave Rudy Covid? it would be such a DM move to blame Rudy for DM giving Rudy Covid.

I don't think you understand how this works. The Jazz would not make the playoffs without Rudy. The Jazz would make the playoff without DM.

You are insufferable. I bet even "Don" gets tired of you slobbing on his knob. I appreciate DM, but you make it difficult to do so.

People complain about Don with legitimate grievances. We aint like "Actually Don sucks on offense"

You are parroting some BS narrative that has been debunked countless times. The only people who still think Gobert is the issue in the playoffs are the most surface level, substance free jabroni NBA commentators alive. That's who you choose to side with.