What's new

Game Thread Dec 03, 2021 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Celtics

Added to Calendar: 12-03-21

The team is slowly developing special unlockable skins. First was headband Joe, now we get shirtless Rudy. I'm anxious to see the full series of Jazz special edition skins.

Whiteside leads the NBA in fouls per minute, according to Andy Larsen.

Pretty great win, fun but nerveracking game to watch. Too bad for all those damn turnovers, otherwise it probably would have been more comfortable. Oh well, they actually pulled out a close win, so that's good.

Watched the replay game because I was waiting for my dad to get in town. What a win! Scared us. They tried hard to give this one way but won it anyway. Of course the officiating is still ****.

A game with 1,000,000 lead changes is pretty good though.
Actually my take in the last quarter and a half was good defense, better offense! In my mind Tatum is one of the best offensive players in the league demanding traps and doubles freeing up others. They also had some well drawn up sets. For our part it took exceptional 3 pt shooting to beat them including in your face step backs from Conley and Mitchell (Conley was perfect from 3).

We lost some ground when Whiteside did a short stint in the fourth but we were able to make up that 4 pt deficit once Rudy returned with some better D in the paint and on the perimeter. I thought it was a beautiful game in all respects. Well at least the last quarter and a half as that’s all I got to see.

Watched the replay game because I was waiting for my dad to get in town. What a win! Scared us. They tried hard to give this one way but won it anyway. Of course the officiating is still ****.
I agree with the officiating part. I thought it was exceptionally bad being in our building and it looked like Boston home cooking!

That was some incredible shot making. The offense generated some open looks, but a lot of those shots were off the bounce with a hand in their face.

It seemed like we came out in the second half and tried to match their physicality, but just ended up fouling too much. It is super frustrating for me when we can't generate a stop.

It's really disappointing that it seems we have made no progress in defending 5 out. Whiteside highlighted how Rudy is the least of our problems when defending 5 out. Our perimeter defenders literally get in a quasi defensive stance, then check behind them to see if Rudy is there, meanwhile their guy blows by them for an easy shot at the rim.

How do we get Smart? Unfortunately I think he got paid a little more this summer than expected, making salaries difficult to match.

Couldn’t sleep last night. Felt like a kid again on Christmas Eve waiting for Christmas morning, then no quotes. I’m starting to freak out. These quotes have potential to be the best in a long time. Any chance @JazzAvenues thinks the jazz lost?

Pleassssseeeeeee!! JazzAvenues if you care even 1% about my sanity, pleaseeee post me some quotes.

Mixed feelings.

Was the game entertaining? Yes.
Was our shooting awesome? Yes.
Would those turnovers kill us 99 percent of the time? Yes.
Was our defense decent? No, it was pathetic.

We needed a bear historic shooting Night to barely beat a Brown-less Celtics team in SLC.

Not great.

What will it take to get this team to play defense? Haven’t we already seen the limitations in the playoffs of only playing offense?

Couldn’t sleep last night. Felt like a kid again on Christmas Eve waiting for Christmas morning, then no quotes. I’m starting to freak out. These quotes have potential to be the best in a long time. Any chance @JazzAvenues thinks the jazz lost?

Pleassssseeeeeee!! JazzAvenues if you care even 1% about my sanity, pleaseeee post me some quotes.
Wait, you have sanity? Huh. Who knew?

What’s with Whiteside lately? He’s playing soft or uninterested the past few games. This was my fear of getting him to begin with. I hope he snaps out of it cause he was dominating first month of the season.

What’s with Whiteside lately? He’s playing soft or uninterested the past few games. This was my fear of getting him to begin with. I hope he snaps out of it cause he was dominating first month of the season.
He’s going to be a rollercoaster. That’s what you should’ve been expecting with him.