What's new

Game Thread Dec 05, 2021 01:30PM MT: Jazz at Cavaliers

Added to Calendar: 12-05-21

I really hope Hassan's left butt cheek will be ok.

I’m worried on this one… Rubio revenge game… all the height and athleticism. Allen destroyed Rudy last year when he was in Brooklyn.

Don’t get me wrong. Still a must win game.

I’m worried on this one… Rubio revenge game… all the height and athleticism. Allen destroyed Rudy last year when he was in Brooklyn.

Don’t get me wrong. Still a must win game.

Rubio's been in a bad shooting slump the past few games...I'm definitely expecting him to break out of it tomorrow and score like 25 points and hit a bunch of 3's.

Cleveland has the most random roster. They threw it together and they're the 6th seed. And they're 2nd in the league in opponent's scoring average so they're doing something right. And they have Ed Davis so good for him for still being in the NBA.

Welp, another DVR'd game for me that I won't see until late tonight. I mean, who schedules these things against football.

(and yes, I know any game scheduled on Sunday this time of year at a reasonable time will be against some football game, but still)

Rubio's been in a bad shooting slump the past few games...I'm definitely expecting him to break out of it tomorrow and score like 25 points and hit a bunch of 3's.
Mid day game means we sleep through the first half. Hopefully someone talks **** and pisses of Don or Joe and they give us a good effort

Tough tough matchup for us. Markkanen and Love's outside shooting would be tough for our perimeter guys to handle. If they draw Rudy out of the paint, then there's no stopping Jarrett Allen.

Tough tough matchup for us. Markkanen and Love's outside shooting would be tough for our perimeter guys to handle. If they draw Rudy out of the paint, then there's no stopping Jarrett Allen.

If Jarrett Allen is on the floor, the Cavs won't draw Rudy out of the paint. If they play Mobley or Love at the 5 though, that could become an issue.

If we win, I believe it will likely because of one of two reasons:

1. Our shots are falling.
2. Cleveland can’t preform.

This is exactly the kind of game where we try to skate by. We look at what we see as an inferior opponent and then we have an early start. If the shots aren’t falling, I’m not confident that we’ll bring enough extra juice to be able to win. We’ll attempt to turn that on when they realize they could lose the game, and it’s likely too late by that point. We won’t be winning because of rebounds, or deflections, or defense. I’d like to be wrong but I think we’ll have to settle for one of the above two reasons if we want a W.

Could the Jazz sign a GLeague center on a two way contract? Does that work the same way as NFL practice squads or does the team that signed him retain his rights until next summer?