What's new

Game Thread Dec 05, 2021 01:30PM MT: Jazz at Cavaliers

Added to Calendar: 12-05-21

Great game. Was happy they played with energy to start. Cleveland is legit good. Garland is impressive… Mobley is one of those malleable pieces that will allow them to do a lot of different things. They get some quality wings and they in business.

Tell me why Bogdanovic was back on the floor with 17.9 seconds remaining....? That should be Gay 100 times out of 100.
When you have the makeup of our team where you have high overall talent but specific weaknesses, it’s good to magnify the strengths and try to camouflage the weaknesses. It sounds stupid even typing that out but apparently this is how we do things.

And if we were open to football substitutions down the stretch, imagine being able to have… oh, I don’t know, a Kris Dunn you can throw out in those situations.

Rudy had some amazing plays tonight. Guys stayed engaged and I thought they didn’t let the refs get to them even though they got a pretty rough whistle imo.

Nah, he may not get many touches on offense but his teammates aren’t selfish; they let him have everything on defense to balance it out.
This wasn’t the game for the lob though… there was so much size and they were retreating to the lob… left the floaters open.

Rudy battled all game. Really impressed… think that would have been a sulky game in other years.

When you have the makeup of our team where you have high overall talent but specific weaknesses, it’s good to magnify the strengths and try to camouflage the weaknesses. It sounds stupid even typing that out but apparently this is how we do things.

And if we were open to football substitutions down the stretch, imagine being able to have… oh, I don’t know, a Kris Dunn you can throw out in those situations.
I'm pissed. I mean, they knew it was going to be defense.... and then it would come down to a rebound. Bogie should have had ice on his ****ing knees.

If the Jazz didn't win this game, we might have some chemistry issues lol. Rudy was doing so much on both ends. Defensively he was doing everything, battling against Allen and Mobley 1v2 all game while also having to step out and contest Garland. Offensively he never got the ball but we couldn't get anything without his screens. Quin really wanted this one, but like others have pointed out wasn't willing to make offense/defense subs. It happened at the end of the first half too. Don't know why he wasn't willing to make small adjustments when he was clearly extending his team to win this game. I think Rudy played the last 15 minutes of the game straight. I don't mind extending your team every now and then to ensure a tough win, but if you're going to do that the coach needs to be on his A game too.

Side note: The rim runner is so incredibly valuable to our offense. When Gay was at the 5 and popping out for 3's we hard a difficult time breaking down the defense. It was too easy to defend. I liked it better when Royce was setting the screen and rolling to the hoop, but 5 out isn't all that if you can't put pressure on the rim. We saw 8 guys tonight and that might be our playoff rotation...I think we should try Paschall in that lineup and letting him feast in the paint. Besides Mitchell, no one else is really getting past their guy without a screen.

If the Jazz didn't win this game, we might have some chemistry issues lol. Rudy was doing so much on both ends. Defensively he was doing everything, battling against Allen and Mobley 1v2 all game while also having to step out and contest Garland. Offensively he never got the ball but we couldn't get anything without his screens. Quin really wanted this one, but like others have pointed out wasn't willing to make offense/defense subs. It happened at the end of the first half too. Don't know why he wasn't willing to make small adjustments when he was clearly extending his team to win this game. I think Rudy played the last 15 minutes of the game straight. I don't mind extending your team every now and then to ensure a tough win, but if you're going to do that the coach needs to be on his A game too.

Side note: The rim runner is so incredibly valuable to our offense. When Gay was at the 5 and popping out for 3's we hard a difficult time breaking down the defense. It was too easy to defend. I liked it better when Royce was setting the screen and rolling to the hoop, but 5 out isn't all that if you can't put pressure on the rim. We saw 8 guys tonight and that might be our playoff rotation...I think we should try Paschall in that lineup and letting him feast in the paint. Besides Mitchell, no one else is really getting past their guy without a screen.
We absolutely have a 5-out combination that would be good. The problem is that combo has to be discovered and installed and practiced. Big problem, it seems.

What a ****ing game. Honestly, it should have never got to that point...what the **** is up with a 15 point run...but still, absolute heart at the end.

That said, these ****ing turnovers are have to stop. They are becoming....unsettling.

That rudy dunk had a lot of contact too

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app
I think this is the NBA's way of being able to officiate how they want. If they make it a random hodge-podge of whistles and no-calls then really anything goes. But the inconsistency is maddening. And you can tell it is really frustrating for the players. There is no way in hell they can tell what they are allowed to do and what they are going to be called on. Easily the worst officiating rule-change they have made since they instituted the "breathe on Harden and it's a flagrant" ******** hand check rules. Only this is worse because now you can completely mug a guy and get nothing or have him brush up against you when you are running by and get ejected. Zero consistency at all. I really don't know what they are trying to accomplish, unless it is for them to have the freedom to simply call whatever they want whenever they want regardless of what's going on on the floor.

Tell me why Bogdanovic was back on the floor with 17.9 seconds remaining....? That should be Gay 100 times out of 100.
105 out of 100.

I’m super impressed by Garland’s development. I know year-3 is typically the big leap for guards, if they make it, but he’s made a particularly big one. His decision-making is light years beyond his first two years.

It’s too bad that Okoro’s development isn’t working out better for them. If they ever end up in a sell-low moment, I’d be interested.

Now I hope people stop talking about us trading for Love.
I don’t think anyone has mentioned trading for him in at least a couple years. Anything since then had been a reference to him being bought out.