What's new

Game Thread Dec 06, 2023 06:30PM MT: Jazz at Mavericks

Added to Calendar: 12-06-23

Funny thing is I wont be that pissed even. I love Tay Henny almost as much as you but when healthy there isn't much room for him to get minutes.
I will be pissed when clarkson comes back though and Ochai minutes go way down while continuing giving minutes to any and every guard on the team. Gotta permanently bench one of THT or Sexton when we are healthy. Hardy wont do it though so Clarskon will get 35 minutes and then THT, Ochai, and sexton will all get some token minutes. Dunn might even grab some.

Funny thing is I wont be that pissed even. I love Tay Henny almost as much as you but when healthy there isn't much room for him to get minutes.
I will be pissed when clarkson comes back though and Ochai minutes go way down while continuing giving minutes to any and every guard on the team. Gotta permanently bench one of THT or Sexton when we are healthy. Hardy wont do it though so Clarskon will get 35 minutes and then THT, Ochai, and sexton will all get some token minutes. Dunn might even grab some.
Look our team doctors and DA need to take the options away from Hardy. When Taylor was struggling to find his footing the super patient route is fine. Now that he's done well in the G and had a couple adequate/good games in the varsity league its time give these guys the space to grow. They have both hit the checkpoints they need to so stopping them there doesn't fit our long term goals.

When the Jazz were going tankapalooza towards the end of last season, the team was at least completive in most games. Nothing like last night's stinker. What's changed?

When the Jazz were going tankapalooza towards the end of last season, the team was at least completive in most games. Nothing like last night's stinker. What's changed?
Confidence, vibes and leadership. Conley was instrumental last year and also a crutch to Hardy.

Now there is no vocal leader, so when we are home and get crowd support we flourish, and on the road with the hostile crowd we just crumble.

Thats my theory at least.

I know the game is over and so is the discussion for the most part but I would be interested to know if Doncic has ever been called for palming in an NBA game.

Conley was long gone by the end of last year when the Jazz were losing most of the time but still competing. A
No vet presence and letting a 19 year old rook run the show doesn’t sit well with some I guess. There were news that tht have grown frustrated no surprise there. It will change once jc and ko comes back. Also too much rotation changes kills familiarity. We have to somehow nail it at some point. Dogsh#t goes to coaching too.

Confidence, vibes and leadership. Conley was instrumental last year and also a crutch to Hardy.

Now there is no vocal leader, so when we are home and get crowd support we flourish, and on the road with the hostile crowd we just crumble.

Thats my theory at least.
conley wasn't there towards the end of last season doe

conley wasn't there towards the end of last season doe
Yeah but that was gambling on house money in the tanking portion of the year. So not much pressure there.

It pretty much has to be confidence/vibe related tbh. Too many guys shooting below career averages on mostly open looks.

The Conley part is more of a hypothesis.