What's new

Game Thread Dec 08, 2023 08:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Clippers

Added to Calendar: 12-08-23

I would love to see a Keyonte, Clarkson, Lauri, Collins, and Kessler get the start. Kessler was hurt to start and also we ran this lineup to start with THT instead.

Even better would be to get to see the youth lineup in the game at some point with Lauri. Keyonte, Agbaji, Lauri, Hendricks, and Kessler.

I would really love to see a 5 out lineup as well with height using Hendricks. Lauri has played well with Olynyk at center. But we rarely get to see a 5 man lineup that can shoot threes especially without THT or Sexton.

Looking through the lineups its pretty bad. What seems to work isnt getting many minutes. I really think our coach has been trying a lot of different looks but rarely sticks to whats working. Hendricks and Yurtseven have been good together throw in Lauri and you might really have something. I just really wish we could trade all or at least two of THT, Sexton, and Clarkson and get one reasonable PG. Can we get Tyus Jones or Brogdon?

On a side note Keyonte is now 16th at assist% in the league of those that qualify. He is ahead of Conley, Westbrook, Fox, Lillard, and a bunch of others. Now if he can start shooting well...

K.O. and J. C. are game time decisions, Lauri out according to the injury report.
This will be an I interesting game to see how they bounce back from the drubbing in Dallas.
Thats not good. Lauri's injury must be worse than it seems. I thought they were mostly holding him out as a precautionary and to give him time to rest during the large break.

Thats not good. Lauri's injury must be worse than it seems. I thought they were mostly holding him out as a precautionary and to give him time to rest during the large break.
Tank?

Its possible with a slow start they are switching to that route. It's pretty hard to tell what the team is doing though. But I guess Clarkson and Lauri got held out a lot at the end of last season when we were definitely tanking. I guess we''ll see at the trade deadline.

Hamstrings are treated with care by all training staffs these days. Ten years ago I'm not sure that was the case.
Its an injury that will go from 2-3 weeks to multiple 3-4 week chunks of missed time. I'm sure its art, science, and feel but anytime I have a soft tissue injury I wait at least a week or two until I am completely pain free because its one that isn't fully tested until game speed and when you fail the test you know it.

No reason to bring him back early since we are already in the stinker this season.