What's new

Game Thread Dec 09, 2021 05:00PM MT: Jazz at 76ers

Added to Calendar: 12-09-21

I dont see him even attempting to go inside. Ball touches hand, 3 point shot goes up.

He tried to dribble to the inside a few times tonight and lost the handle briefly and it ruined his move. He relies on those really quick dribbles and they fail him pretty often lately. A small part of the problem though because as you say he chucks instantly.

Pretty special hoops we've witnessed the last several games. It seems like just a few games ago we had one of the worst Jazz performances ever.

We did fantastic these last couple nights containing the all-star bigs. Seemed like we helped / doubled at exactly the right times and either forced a tough shot or when KAT or Embiid passed we recovered nicely.
This. Seems like they figured some things out a bit.

I actually love Embid and his FU attitude. He loves the game, plays with passion and is funny. He's the guy you hate when he messes with your team though.

Dude plays hard, real competitor, hope injuries don't ruin his career.

I think JC is playing the right way. 50% from 2 isn't that great and is not that much more efficient than 30% from 3. Especially when we're talking about adding or subtracting shots. Those possessions where JC dribbles out the clock are becoming few and far in between, that's great. Of course he's taking some bad 3's and maybe missing some opportunities to get into the paint, but as long as he's not hijacking the offense by dribbling the air out of the ball he's doing alright.

That was funny when right at the end the guy said he might take Bam because he has offense too, neglecting that Rudy could have way more offense if he weren't surrounded by a historically great offense.
He's actually the core of the historically great offense. They are so short-sighted because they think the only way to impact offense is to have a bunch of spin and post moves or whatever. Rudy has a tremendous impact on offense.

No, no no, the location.

Interesting. I went on a cruise in high school and on the ship they played this game and a husband gave the answer of “in the butt.” Must have been a plant.

I’m betting Hassan got the contusion from Quin wanting to play slap azz in the locker room.

Uhh. So what happened with Whiteside? I honestly don’t know what’s happening.
Missed the last game. Bruised glutes. Literally. Came back and played incredibly tonight.

Great game! Great effort! Some iffy shooting… refs were actually fairly consistent I thought.

Rudy so nice responding the right way on Edwards comments.

but sometimes you got to show some balls " Edwards, next game I'm gonna Fxxkinbg shut you down you dimwit!!!"

I think JC is playing the right way. 50% from 2 isn't that great and is not that much more efficient than 30% from 3. Especially when we're talking about adding or subtracting shots. Those possessions where JC dribbles out the clock are becoming few and far in between, that's great. Of course he's taking some bad 3's and maybe missing some opportunities to get into the paint, but as long as he's not hijacking the offense by dribbling the air out of the ball he's doing alright.
More free throw attempts and pressure on the defense should go into the 50% from 2 vs 30% from 3.
And again, he won the 6th man of year award and had the best season of his career playing like he did last year. If he continues what he is doing this year he has no shot at that award.

More free throw attempts and pressure on the defense should go into the 50% from 2 vs 30% from 3.
And again, he won the 6th man of year award and had the best season of his career playing like he did last year. If he continues what he is doing this year he has no shot at that award.

The 50% also includes the freebies. If you’re adding more 2’s, you’re going to get a higher ratio of tough buckets in the paint and less freebies. I don’t believe he puts more pressure on the defense by driving. JC isn’t a guy who slashes the defense and gets the blender going. He’s a guy who works hard to get to his spot and shoots it. He puts much more of a strain on the defense by spacing floor as a catch and shoot player and deep shooter against a drop. Those are the shots he needs to focus on.

His shot distribution isn’t dramatically different than it was last year anyways. What is dramatically different is that his shooting percentages, from every spot on the floor is down. So when you say “do what you did last year”, what you’re really saying is just make more shots. That’s the main difference, not the proportion of 2’s and 3’s. If he was shooting the same percentages as he was last year, we would not be having this conversation about 2’s vs 3’s.

His usage is down dramatically since Gay came into the lineup, and that’s a good thing. Even if his efficiency isn’t much better, I think he’s blending in better and at a more appropriate usage rate.