What's new

Game Thread Dec 10, 2022 07:00PM MT: Jazz at Nuggets

Added to Calendar: 12-10-22

No Conley. No Sexton. Maybe no Markkanen. Jazz probably don't have enough offense left to win a game, even if JC and Beasley go *******.

Fun facts:
We have 13 games where we shot 40% or better from 3 as a team. Lauri and Kelly have 14 such games each, Beasley had 12 and JC only has 7. Our record in those games is 11-2.

We have 11 games where we shoot 35% or less from 3. JC has 18 such games, Beasley and KO have 13 and Lauri has 12. Our record in those games is 2-9.

JC carrying the team is not a winning recipe. He is the 5th or 6th best shooter in a team that wins or loses through its shooting. In most of our best wins of the season we spread the shots around a lot more.

vs Nuggets 123-102 - JC 3-9 from the field
vs Grizzlies 121-105 - JC 3-14 from the field
vs Lakers 139-116 - JC 8-12 from the field
vs Pacers 139-119 - JC 6-12 from the field

So especially now without Conley and Sexton JC needs to stop shooting 3s from the dribble, reduce dribbling overall (especially to baseline, ugh), kick out more from the post, give late clock shots to others, pass earlier in general and keep the ball moving to execute the read and react.

Get more open shots and at least more shots to the best shooters... KO and Vando especially, since Lauri is closely guarded and Beasley is already getting his.

If this doesnt happen to some degree at least, I predict this game will turn ugly and we will get blown out (barring a rare JC hot shooting night).

Lmao I wrote that long *** post only to find out JC is not playing.

Well, hopefully the fill ins play by the system and show its power once again. At least the defense of our guards should be solid.

Too bad its vs Denver, who really dont play through the guards.

I was wondering when the tanking was finally going to begin. Now they just need to lose some games due to injury and then Ainge has enough reason to start selling off veterans in January.

I always enjoy these short handed games. It's fun to watch the guys who don't get as much playing time. They usually play really hard, trying to make the most of their time to shine. A lot of times they surprise.

I'll specifically be watching Agbaji. He looked lost earlier in the year, not knowing where he should be on offense or defense. He should have enough time in the system now, I would expect him to look much better.

I’m in Wichita, Kansas. 8 hours from Denver, so they naturally black out all Denver games. This is one night I’m okay with that.

I always enjoy these short handed games. It's fun to watch the guys who don't get as much playing time. They usually play really hard, trying to make the most of their time to shine. A lot of times they surprise.

I'll specifically be watching Agbaji. He looked lost earlier in the year, not knowing where he should be on offense or defense. He should have enough time in the system now, I would expect him to look much better.
The thing about this year's team though is that our young (rookie contract) projects are kind of boring to watch.

I love Kessler, and really appreciate/like what he does, but he doesn't really go out there experiment and try new things often like a guard/wing his talent level would. Right now the most interesting watch on the team is NAW. THT has been tragic for last 2-3 weeks. Ochai looks like an undrafted player where you are just hoping he can manage not to look completely out of his league. I think Fonteccho could potentially be interesting if he manages to get 20 mpg.

Next year will be so much better for these kind of games when we got 2 or 3 first rounders.