What's new

Game Thread Dec 10, 2022 07:00PM MT: Jazz at Nuggets

Added to Calendar: 12-10-22

Funny fact. Vando and Kessler still havent played together at all. They sub for each other... every... single.. time.

Its crazy Hardy hasnt even tried them on the court at the same time. I feel like there must be a more valid reason other than "they dont fit".

But as long as that continues, we are at a stalemate with their minutes...

Yep.
Its very strange. We have had so many guys play this season and have had a bunch of guys miss time and have had garbage time and foul trouble and games where we cant get a rebound or a stop in like an entire quarter. Its nuts that they have zero time together.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Kessler is paid 2.6 million, 2.8 million, 2.9 million and 4.8 million and we control his rights for like the next 7 years iirc. He is 21 years old.

He might be the most valuable asset we got in the trades we made. Obviously we have a ton of picks that might be better but kessler is right at the top currently. Lauri is the better player for sure but when you account for age and contract kessler might be the better asset

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app
He might be the 2nd or 3rd most valuable player for us period, especially as the season and his career progresses. His biggest strength, imo, is in 2 parts: 1) his poise under pressure. He didn't let Zion posterizing him get him down, he just focused on his game and was a real game-changer for us, and 2) his ability to learn and adjust, and make the best use of his brand of athleticism. He is more athletic than I think he gets credit for, as he is stereotypically shoe-horned is as the "slow big white guy", which is unfair. He uses his body really really well, and has an innate sense for where he is on the court, which is tough, if not impossible, to learn effectively, and you can see him making adjustments as he goes. His BBIQ is better than advertised as well. Impressive all the way around for what he was "supposed" to be.

He might be the 2nd or 3rd most valuable player for us period, especially as the season and his career progresses. His biggest strength, imo, is in 2 parts: 1) his poise under pressure. He didn't let Zion posterizing him get him down, he just focused on his game and was a real game-changer for us, and 2) his ability to learn and adjust, and make the best use of his brand of athleticism. He is more athletic than I think he gets credit for, as he is stereotypically shoe-horned is as the "slow big white guy", which is unfair. He uses his body really really well, and has an innate sense for where he is on the court, which is tough, if not impossible, to learn effectively, and you can see him making adjustments as he goes. His BBIQ is better than advertised as well. Impressive all the way around for what he was "supposed" to be.
I don't know who thought he didn't have an elite bbiq before the draft, but clearly that was wrong. It is his biggest attribute based on his awareness defensively early on, able to get minutes however is based on positional need more than anything. We could be singing the praises of Agbaji a 4 year college champion right now, if there was not a logjam of wings in front of him based on seniority. His IQ is even higher. But yet he never plays