What's new

Game Thread Dec 11, 2023 06:00PM MT: Jazz at Thunder

Added to Calendar: 12-11-23

Hardy is supposedly a bright guy but man have some of the games been awful. Maybe he is being hamstrung by the front office but the Jazz are a grease fire at the moment. Maybe the players just don't like him.
Not sure what the circumstances are but I don’t think all these unusual lineups and personnel decisions are helping anything. I mean Yurt goes from starting to sitting out an entire game to playing backup in the span of three games. Dunn, our most consistent point guard at the end of last season is just riding the bench most nights and then he’s just arbitrarily thrown out on the court to run the team unexpectedly. It doesn’t really promote confidence or continuity in the troops imo.

Seems that way unfortunately. I thought he did Jensen dirty but we don’t know the details I guess. Maybe Jensen stepped out of line in the command chain or maybe he just posed an existential threat, who knows. In any event, in the Dallas game I was pleasantly surprised after his late hire to see Jensen sitting right next to Kidd on the Dallas bench.
My guess is Hardy viewed Jensen as a threat. Jensen clearly still had people that liked him in the front office and wanted to create some distance between Jensen and those guys.

My guess is Hardy viewed Jensen as a threat. Jensen clearly still had people that liked him in the front office and wanted to create some distance between Jensen and those guys.
True, that would be my guess as well. It looks like our loss is the Mavs gain. Either way, hope Jensen gets his shot at the first chair some day. I think he’d be good at it.

Highly doubt that.

Jensen had been with the team 10 years. If he was a threat to take the HC job, he would have gotten the job.

I'm sure Jensen didnt want to be part of the Jazz any longer. He put 10 years in Utah being an assistant. It probably hurt not to get the job so he wanted to move on.

I feel like anytime it's extended garbage time Hardy puts Sexton out there just to boost his stats/trade value.
I think its less about trade value and more about he will still go hard and not be offended by putting him in cuz he's just wants to play basketball. His effort will help close the gap and maybe a 30 point loss turns to 15 and looks less bad.

Just to confirm that Jensen was not retained and then, a few months later in July accepted a job working for the Mavs where I would say he has been instrumental in helping develop Lively II as one of the top rookies from this year's draft.

Just to confirm that Jensen was not retained and then, a few months later in July accepted a job working for the Mavs where I would say he has been instrumental in helping develop Lively II as one of the top rookies from this year's draft.
Do we even know Jensen is working with Lively? They hired Tyson Chandler as assistant coach....

Do we even know Jensen is working with Lively? They hired Tyson Chandler as assistant coach....
Well the second article does have quotes from Gobert concerning his work with Jensen. But alas you are correct that it is only a supposition that Jensen is working with him.

Also when he was hired there was no mention of lead assistant, but Jensen was sitting next to Kidd in the Dallas game a few days ago. Something else to speculate about I guess. Hope he eventually gets his shot though.

Jensen was offered the U of Utah job and turned it down. He was loyal to the Jazz but that loyalty appears to be a one way street.
you are working off such limited information, I'd encourage you to stop speculating. There are so many reasons why he might not have wanted the U of U job. He's been on a short list of NBA coaches for a couple of years now. Maybe he's not as interested in the college game and all the baggage that comes with it.

you are working off such limited information, I'd encourage you to stop speculating. There are so many reasons why he might not have wanted the U of U job. He's been on a short list of NBA coaches for a couple of years now. Maybe he's not as interested in the college game and all the baggage that comes with it.
He's an alum and was an assistant coach there. I would think that would be his dream job. Ainge could have hired him when Quin left but didn't.

It's almost impossible to know, but I would love to get more information on this. At this point it feels too coinciedential that Gobert, Kessler, and now Lively all flourished under Jensen. I've heard last year he wasn't necessarily the bigs coach, but at least in the one live game I watched last year Jensen was constantly talking to Kessler when he was on the bench. I also think the way those 3 bigs succeeded has pointed to a similar coaching style as well.

It's almost impossible to know, but I would love to get more information on this. At this point it feels too coinciedential that Gobert, Kessler, and now Lively all flourished under Jensen. I've heard last year he wasn't necessarily the bigs coach, but at least in the one live game I watched last year Jensen was constantly talking to Kessler when he was on the bench. I also think the way those 3 bigs succeeded has pointed to a similar coaching style as well.
He also coached up Willie Reed in college and the GLeague. Mr. Reed went onto play a few seasons in the Association.

He also coached up Willie Reed in college and the GLeague. Mr. Reed went onto play a few seasons in the Association.
Watching the Mavs/Lakers game, no Kyrie and Exum looks like Kobe en fuego. Gotta wonder if a) Jensen had anything to do with the signing, and b) with the incredible transformation.

Did jokic get hurt? Only 16 minutes in tonight's game and he wasn't in foul trouble

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Watching the Mavs/Lakers game, no Kyrie and Exum looks like Kobe en fuego. Gotta wonder if a) Jensen had anything to do with the signing, and b) with the incredible transformation.
DL is in the Mavs front office so both he and Jensen probably share a fondness for DedEx. DedEx had some decent outings in Europe last season, but this is quite the redemption story.

DL is in the Mavs front office so both he and Jensen probably share a fondness for DedEx. DedEx had some decent outings in Europe last season, but this is quite the redemption story.
That makes sense! DL was so dreadful in Utah, guess I figured he was flipping burgers or something. :p I could obviously say the same about Exum, though I think we were all rooting for him to succeed. Watching him tonight and thinking man could we ever use a guy like that now!

Anyway, he was snakebit with injuries and I couldn’t be happier to see him finally have his day!