What's new

Game Thread Dec 11, 2023 06:00PM MT: Jazz at Thunder

Added to Calendar: 12-11-23

Seriously… you have 5 posts in this single thread hating on Sexton. And he played great! Tonight he filled that 6th man role as well as you could rightfully hope for.

Tonight Clarkson, Olynyk, and Agbaji earned the hate. Have at them.
Sexton sucked until garbage time and even then he makes the rest of the team worse even when he makes some shots. But Clarkson is cooked. I think he's done.

Not much to tell to the kids about this one, apart from it being Keyontes first breakout game. Lets hope he gained confidence and gets hot.

I called like 5-6 games ago that he will have a 25/10 game right about now, but I'll take the 30/7 instead.

Can Keyonte really shoot? 10-16, 5-9 from 3, 3-3 FT, 28 pts in 31 min with two minutes to go
I want to remind that the 5-9 from 3 included a 58 foot heave to end the 3rd quarter.

I was impressed he took that one tbh. He is for sure aware that his % are not great but he still took the shot. A lot of NBA players pass on those shots these days to protect their numbers.

Seriously… you have 5 posts in this single thread hating on Sexton. And he played great! Tonight he filled that 6th man role as well as you could rightfully hope for.

Tonight Clarkson, Olynyk, and Agbaji earned the hate. Have at them.
Did you watch the game? Sexton started scoring when the game was completely out of hand. He was 0/6 in the first half

It's honestly hard to get excited about anything that happened in the 4th quarter, it was basically equivalent to summer league.
Hopefully it gives our guys some confidence, but those were all guys out of the rotation for OKC.

Not a game to jump into any conclusion. Aside from the fact that we are awful I mean, but that's a fact not a conclusion.
I cotinue to be concerned about what coach is doing... IMHO players are doing exactly nothing that can be seriously related to any kind of basketball coaching.
And... it's not good for rooks that expectations arise from this kind of game.

That fact that I don’t remember so many thirty plus blowouts going into the fourth, is that selective memory or something? Even after the secondary trades, my recollection is that we were competitive and almost in every game that we played. Seems like we’re determined to keep our own pick this season, I hope we don’t get a big fine.

That fact that I don’t remember so many thirty plus blowouts going into the fourth, is that selective memory or something? Even after the secondary trades, my recollection is that we were competitive and almost in every game that we played. Seems like we’re determined to keep our own pick this season, I hope we don’t get a big fine.
Nope. The Jazz have a point differential of -9. That's definitely the worst differential of any Jazz team I have ever watched. This is the worst Jazz team most of us have ever seen. Maybe they had worse in the pre Stockton era, but anyone under 45 hasnt seen garbage this hot ever.

Nope. The Jazz have a point differential of -9. That's definitely the worst differential of any Jazz team I have ever watched. This is the worst Jazz team most of us have ever seen. Maybe they had worse in the pre Stockton era, but anyone under 45 hasnt seen garbage this hot ever.
Wow!!! Thanks for weighing in Cy. Wish I could say it made me feel better.

I was really on board with Hardy and his crew last year as well. Now I’m starting to question his methods and preparation. Meanwhile the Mavs seem improved from last season and wondering if the hire of Alex Jensen had anything to do with that. Hey I’m only human.

Wow!!! Thanks for weighing in Cy. Wish I could say it made me feel better.

I was really on board with Hardy and his crew last year as well. Now I’m starting to question his methods and preparation. Meanwhile the Mavs seem improved from last season and wondering if the hire of Alex Jensen had anything to do with that. Hey I’m only human.
Everyone should be questioning the Hardy over Jensen decision. Hardy is a mediocre basketball coach right now.

Everyone should be questioning the Hardy over Jensen decision. Hardy is a mediocre basketball coach right now.
Seems that way unfortunately. I thought he did Jensen dirty but we don’t know the details I guess. Maybe Jensen stepped out of line in the command chain or maybe he just posed an existential threat, who knows. In any event, in the Dallas game I was pleasantly surprised after his late hire to see Jensen sitting right next to Kidd on the Dallas bench.

Last edited:
I feel like anytime it's extended garbage time Hardy puts Sexton out there just to boost his stats/trade value.

It kind of feels like that, although I really don't think that coaches think about trade value.

I think it's more that he wants someone in those lineups that can generate offense. It's possible that he gives him extra reps to work on stuff as well.

Hardy is supposedly a bright guy but man have some of the games been awful. Maybe he is being hamstrung by the front office but the Jazz are a grease fire at the moment. Maybe the players just don't like him.