What's new

Game Thread Dec 13, 2022 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs Pelicans

Added to Calendar: 12-13-22

A guy like Collins or Kuzma.
Kuzma I wonder what he is like as a teammate. I would believe he is like either the most loved or low key guys kinda don't like him. Kinda a strong personality.

With what the staff has done with Lauri, NAW, Sexton, Kessler, JC I would be interested in Collins... I do kinda wonder if you could buy an off brand version of what you want from him cheaper... Like PJ Washington maybe is actually better for what you want maybe?

Whatever the move is I would like it to be obvious... like of course they got Collins cuz it cost so little.

Here are some guys I like outside of Collins/Kuzma

Jalen McDaniels
PJ Washington
Javonte Green (who? 3 and D guy in Chicago... he's 29 but a tough mfer)
KJ Martin

Kuzma I wonder what he is like as a teammate. I would believe he is like either the most loved or low key guys kinda don't like him. Kinda a strong personality.

With what the staff has done with Lauri, NAW, Sexton, Kessler, JC I would be interested in Collins... I do kinda wonder if you could buy an off brand version of what you want from him cheaper... Like PJ Washington maybe is actually better for what you want maybe?

Whatever the move is I would like it to be obvious... like of course they got Collins cuz it cost so little.

Here are some guys I like outside of Collins/Kuzma

Jalen McDaniels
PJ Washington
Javonte Green (who? 3 and D guy in Chicago... he's 29 but a tough mfer)
KJ Martin

I love PJ and I would add Rui/Deni to the list I would be interested in buying low on.

I love PJ and I would add Rui/Deni to the list I would be interested in buying low on.
In on Deni but Rui the defensive issues cause me pause... given our issues. I don't think those guys become available for cheap. I think they move Kuzma and Beal this season and truly blow it up. If Deni is available I'm willing to see what this staff can do with him.

In on Deni but Rui the defensive issues cause me pause... given our issues. I don't think those guys become available for cheap. I think they move Kuzma and Beal this season and truly blow it up. If Deni is available I'm willing to see what this staff can do with him.

Yeah, I’m with you. I was thinking of a Conley for Barton swap with Rui or Deni added but I’m not sure they do that with their upcoming pending moves.

I kinda like some of the intangibles that Kelly brings and like many thought that Gay would be the most expendable. Not sure what the salary matching requirements would be though.

Olynyk is horrible defensively and isn’t a very good rebounder for his size. He’s very good offensively though for sure.

The PJ trade I have thought of is PJ for Gay and the philly/brooklyn pick. Doubt they get a good first for him as an upcoming FA... so they take on some dead salary to make it work.

Given PJ is on the last year of his rookie contract, what kind of contract would you take him at?
Would guess he gets 10-15M per year unless his shooting improves. The reason to get him now is he is restricted so you can match. If we waited and got him to accept a lowball offer in the offseason Charlotte would just match.

Would guess he gets 10-15M per year unless his shooting improves. The reason to get him now is he is restricted so you can match. If we waited and got him to accept a lowball offer in the offseason Charlotte would just match.

I was thinking 4/60M but really that is just pure speculation on my part.

So what were you thinking? I almost hate to mess with the chemistry right now. Prolly just high from last night’s win though.
Opportunism rules. See who turns into a seller. I would primarily look to upgrade on forwards.

I like John Collins and in Atlanta he is being misused on purpose, so he should be motivated. Their asking price was pretty steep last I heard though.

Some talking heads say Raptors would be open to trade one of their forwards (likely Barnes or OG) if they cannot make a proper run before trade deadline, but they need an immediate impact starter in return so would have to be a 3 team deal with us spending picks.... but to get a guy like OG I would pay up.

Opportunism rules. See who turns into a seller. I would primarily look to upgrade on forwards.

I like John Collins and in Atlanta he is being misused on purpose, so he should be motivated. Their asking price was pretty steep last I heard though.

Some talking heads say Raptors would be open to trade one of their forwards (likely Barnes or OG) if they cannot make a proper run before trade deadline, but they need an immediate impact starter in return so would have to be a 3 team deal with us spending picks.... but to get a guy like OG I would pay up.
Makes sense! Maybe see how we’re trending and go from there. I keep thinking that the old fellas (Mike and Rudy) are expendable and then they do something to prove me wrong. Gay actually had a decent showing last night and he is a big bruiser. Of course Conley is still as good as he’s ever been for us IMO. Just hate to upset that delicate balance you know.

Zero shot Barnes is traded let alone available for trade. Below zero.

Last edited:

Everything in the frontcourt to me needs to center around fit with Lauri and Kessler... so I've struggled as I don't know what the fit looks like with Collins in that group. It might be good... might be average which would suck. They can split minutes and I think JC with Lauri could be nice in 5 out arrangements but not gonna run that for more than say 12-15 minutes a night.

If the price is right you figure it out. The price to me is KO/Vando/Gay... not sure that works for them.