What's new

Game Thread Dec 17, 2020: Jazz at Clippers (Preseason)

Added to Calendar: 12-17-20

Man I hope we can manage Favors minutes and keep him healthy. Such an improvement over our backup center situation last year.
Greg Oden would have been an upgrade. Can’t believe I hadn’t mentioned his name last year. Maybe I did.

Anyone listen to Locke on the Dunc'd On podcast for our season preview? He thought that in terms of playing time this year it would go Brantley first, then Oni, then Morgan. Thought that was a hot take...

That's definitely a very hot take. I will be stunned if Brantley gets playing time ahead of those other two guys.

The difference between favors and Rudy can be seen under the basket. Favors lower body strength is solid as a rock like he's immovable in there. He can push big guys out of their position. Rudy otoh uses his length

Can't help but continue to be curious about OPJ. If anything, I appreciate that it appears we may not be forcing through Conley, which is nice, but if we had another guy on the floor for 30 minutes a game that's a good team defender and can body all the bigger wings, plus rebound a lot better, then I think there's a lot to like there. I think one of the luxuries with Mitchell / Conley / Bojan / Clarkson is that you can put two legitimate offensive weapons on the floor at all times. If you had OPJ, between him, Shaq, Royce and Gobert, you can put 2 legitimate defenders on the floor at all times. I do understand that subbing out Conley takes away from that whole concept offensively that was mentioned, but the defensive swap, the length swap, the rebounding swap... and if Conley is going to be mostly spot-up, OPJ is a career 40+% three point shooter.

I'll stop now. I'll settle for what we're doing and not forcing things through Conley out of respect or to "get him going." That alone would be huge.