What's new

Game Thread Dec 17, 2020: Jazz at Clippers (Preseason)

Added to Calendar: 12-17-20

Brantley just blew a 5 on 4 opportunity by throwing the ball right into the opponent's chest...... Not good

So many good players. Not so many playing time. I feel that our thirs unit is better than our second unit from last year. Maybe because Bradley.

I get why people are intrigued with Brantley, but....
He needs to turn himself into a Jae Crowder / PJ Tucker defense-first player. That needs to be his bread and butter. I think he's working on that. He had a couple nice assists tonight.

Hughes is such a natural scorer and Oni is so quick to shoot the 3pt shot, they both are upstaging Brantley right now.

OK, someone explain to me why Luke Kennard is a better player than Elijah Hughes. From where I'm sitting Hughes is already more complete. I'll be forever greatful that Detroit liked him better than Donovan, though.

I think Ingles will be good for us when he's playing a PG role. I'm concerned he may be a cooked on the perimeter, though.

I think Ingles will be good for us when he's playing a PG role. I'm concerned he may be a cooked on the perimeter, though.

Clippers are a tough assignment for anyone. Joe will be fine. I'm pretty stoked how well we defended them, overall.

Really happy with the level of activity all game long.
If we can keep people fresh enough that they're coming in to play with some intensity, then that's good. I think one additional taxing thing last season was that we had no depth and if the starters sucked, they we were ****ed. If the starters got into a hole, it's a bigger hole by the time they got back in, and if their lackluster effort dug the hole to begin with, well... it probably wasn't going to dig it out.