What's new

Game Thread Dec 20, 2023 05:00PM MT: Jazz at Cavaliers

Added to Calendar: 12-20-23

I don’t think I’d trade Collins for Strus right now. HH’s premise of what he is trying to say is correct but Strus isn’t the best example in my opinion.
I use him because as a player he was very gettable. Its reasonable. He's also the type of player every team wants/needs. You can have a few Max Strus's but Collins is a tough fit. So if you are acquiring contracts for trade purposes you should aim for those types of dudes.

Side note - Strus leads the Cavs in on/off differential for the season with a blistering +11.3. That is top 20 in the league.

Colins had like 3 bad plays, but other than that I thought he was solid out there.

I have a much bigger issue with Dunn. He just has no offensive ability. I'm glad he's at least hitting these wide open 3's. At least teams are really starting to cover Collins more in the corner. Dunn is just a total offense ruiner.
I wouldnt go that deep on Dunn hate even if he had a trash game. He has some passing game, its just his scoring that is tragic. He needs like perfect balance and 10ft of space to wind up a confident 3 pointer which just negates his 3P% ever improving our spacing. He does have that 10ft floater which he hits pretty consistently from the middle though.

I wouldnt go that deep on Dunn hate even if he had a trash game. He has some passing game, its just his scoring that is tragic. He needs like perfect balance and 10ft of space to wind up a confident 3 pointer which just negates his 3P% ever improving our spacing. He does have that 10ft floater which he hits pretty consistently from the middle though.
What passing game does he have? He can dribble, get into the paint, and find someone, but he doesnt do anything exceptional with that. His whole game is just get middle (slowly) and hope someone is open or there is no rim protection.

But he's never actually getting into the rim. He's never actually collapsing the defense. He's never getting by anyone.

Several of those were responses to @Saint Cy of JFC putting Collins turnovers on Dunn. I quite literally have a life. So yeah I watched part of the game closely... had to drive home and missed part of it. Had to go pickup a kid at gymnastics... so I watch in segments and miss stuff... I also half watch other parts of the game as I have to walk around to let the dog out and ****. I guess that makes me grade school though.

The PnR comments weren't even negative. I wanted to note when I saw them as those stats aren't kept. It was a discussion we had earlier and I just wanted to see what happens in those actions. Those aren't John's fault.

Sorry I commented on a terrible post up he had and 2 terrible turnovers that stuck out to me. I'll do better to be fair and balanced.

I'm 100% sure he is a better asset and use of space. He also was playing pg at times due to injuries lol. He's a much more flexible piece and better value contract. That's again another discussion I've had with other posters.
All you could have said was "yeah, that was too harsh" after I gave you the receipts you asked for.

All you could have said was "yeah, that was too harsh" after I gave you the receipts you asked for.
And all you had to say was nothing. These were observations of loud plays and observations related to other conversations I had with other posters lol. Its not that I go into gamethreads looking to target certain guys.

What passing game does he have? He can dribble, get into the paint, and find someone, but he doesnt do anything exceptional with that. His whole game is just get middle (slowly) and hope someone is open or there is no rim protection.

But he's never actually getting into the rim. He's never actually collapsing the defense. He's never getting by anyone.
In the Nets game he had a great lob find with Kessler cutting from back door and a full court pass to Ochai.

Its not anything advanced, but at least he keeps his head up and can make a pass. He averages over 7 assists per 36. Thats not nothing.

In the Nets game he had a great lob find with Kessler cutting from back door and a full court pass to Ochai.

Its not anything advanced, but at least he keeps his head up and can make a pass. He averages over 7 assists per 36. Thats not nothing.
Sure, but he's one of those "he's getting assist because he can't score" types, not getting assist because he's making great reads.

And all you had to say was nothing. These were observations of loud plays and observations related to other conversations I had with other posters lol. Its not that I go into gamethreads looking to target certain guys.
Im not targeting anyone. I just read the gamethread in one go and dont enjoy it as much if someone tries to push his own negative agenda as much as you did.

Im not targeting anyone. I just read the gamethread in one go and dont enjoy it as much if someone tries to push his own negative agenda as much as you did.
I don't enjoy being called biased for listing out observations during the game... several of which aren't negative at all... literally just notes of a play action I'm watching more closely. I have no agenda when I watch games and post... other than I want to make @fishonjazz laugh once or twice. If my rampant negativity causes you displeasure you have options.

I don't enjoy being called biased for listing out observations during the game... several of which aren't negative at all... literally just notes of a play action I'm watching more closely. I have no agenda when I watch games and post... other than I want to make @fishonjazz laugh once or twice. If my rampant negativity causes you displeasure you have options.
You arent generally negative. You are one of the best posters. But you have recently ventured into that territory with Collins and I just hope it doesnt turn into a thing.

We are all frustrated and annoyed by a lot of things about this team rn. Maybe me calling you out was equally bad behavior and a different symptom for the same disease.