What's new

Game Thread Dec 26, 2020: Jazz vs. Wolves

Added to Calendar: 12-26-20

You are a complete and utter moron, aren’t you? You’re the one who singularly stated that the three point shooting was the reason for our deficit. It wasn’t the problem. It was one of the problems.
The Jazz averaged over 15 turnovers per game last season, and had 18 last night. It's not abnormal. They are always going to be a high turnover team because of their system. It's fine. The Warriors dynasty was a high turnover team as well - they averaged more turnovers than we did.

You can win with a high turnover rate. The problem is when the 3 pt variance is as drastic as it was in this game.

It really doesn't take a genius to work all this out. Honestly I find it encouraging that we only lost by 5 considering the gap in 3 pt %'s.

The Jazz averaged over 15 turnovers per game last season, and had 18 last night. It's not abnormal. They are always going to be a high turnover team because of their system. It's fine. The Warriors dynasty was a high turnover team as well - they averaged more turnovers than we did.

You can win with a high turnover rate. The problem is when the 3 pt variance is as drastic as it was in this game.

It really doesn't take a genius to work all this out. Honestly I find it encouraging that we only lost by 5 considering the gap in 3 pt %'s.

Agreed. Except they had 12 in the first half which is 24 per game pace. Whatever. I know I had looked at the first 14-16 games a while back, thinking I want us to go to 9-6 or something befor we have an easy stretch. If we can be around that we’ll be in a good spot.

For me it starts and ends with turnovers. That's where the game was lost, it made the defense look bad in the first half and of course made the offense look even worse. Can't catch a rhythm and trickles down to explain the poorer shooting percentages and all the things like momentum to MIN.

For the post above about GSW leading the league in TO's, I hadn't noticed but I also know they lead the NBA in assists most of those final run years. When they were going well their TO's were aggressive TO's where the pass would go out of bounds or maybe a steal but it was down in the paint or below the FT Line. Whereas against MIN the Jazz TO's where lazy, soft and above the FT Line that lead to easy breakouts for MIN. Not all TO's are equal, I bet Quin can live with aggressive TO's but not the ones against MIN.

Also I agree with those that have mentioned it's not likely both Mitchell and Bogie have that bad of a shooting night on the same night very often. Any team who has it's 2 leading scorers have those shooting nights will lose 98% of the time.

I was super annoyed during the game BUT man some people were way too over the top and reactionary in this thread, which is to be expected I supposed. But all the negative about Mitchell and Bogie, where's the perspective?

I mean we don't have to look far to find an example that was even worse, Dame, he had a worse night against us. But for further perspective MIL has lost 2 games, BOS has lost 2 games, TOR hasn't won a game yet, LAC got BLOWN OUT by DAL. Man the melt down on this board if DAL did that to the Jazz would be enough for Jason to shut down the site for 48hrs. Just about every team picked ahead of the Jazz has lost at least 1 game if not 2, so slow your role with the reactions goodness gracious.