What's new

Game Thread Dec 26, 2020: Jazz vs. Wolves

Added to Calendar: 12-26-20

You wanna talk about people with no mid range? That's Royce. He only shot 6 shots last season that weren't dunks, layups, or 3 pointers
Bojan just has no mid range game. It's always been a weakness of his whether it be turning it over or throwing up a brick of a floater.

You must have missed the common knowledge that:
-mid-range shots are the worst shots in basketball, subsequently,
-the Jazz try not to shoot them

I'd trade Donovan for Edwards right now. He looks that good.
What makes Donovan special isn’t his ability to score, it’s that he’s a leader which Edwards will never be. The Timberwolves are perennially losers oozing with talent and he fits that MO more than just about any player I can think of.

Dallas scares me so much more than denver, portland, or the Clippers. Look at what Dallas is doing to the clippers at the half. They have the athleticism and shooting to do to us what we did to Portland on opening night.

Yeah, 68 points in a half is pretty ridiculous. Especially when you have Rudy. The rest of the team failed.
Don’t you think our shooting and turnovers contributed to our “poor defensive effort?” It’s hard to set your defense or have rudy anchor it when bricks and turnovers fuel quick and easy buckets.

Dallas scares me so much more than denver, portland, or the Clippers. Look at what Dallas is doing to the clippers at the half. They have the athleticism and shooting to do to us what we did to Portland on opening night.
Good lord, I don't remember the last time I've seen a halftime score like that, if ever.

One of the things that irritates me about Quin's coaching is riding his main guys when they clearly don't have it which was the case last night. Oni, Brantley, Shaq and our rooks could have brought some needed energy and enthusiasm last night but Quin was smarter than everyone else.

One of the things that irritates me about Quin's coaching is riding his main guys when they clearly don't have it which was the case last night. Oni, Brantley, Shaq and our rooks could have brought some needed energy and enthusiasm last night but Quin was smarter than everyone else.
This is a valid criticism. I was shocked that Hughes, Shaq, and Oni, didn’t get any burn last night.

Good lord, I don't remember the last time I've seen a halftime score like that, if ever.
I remember we had an awful game against the Bulls in our last finals. I believe it was game 4...

just looked it up. Game 3 in 1998.

The halftime score 31-49 wasn’t that bad. The final score was awful. So yeah. I don’t remember a halftime score like this. Awful. Did houston ever do this to us? I remember some awful game in our last playoffs against Houston.

I remember we had an awful game against the Bulls in our last finals. I believe it was game 4...

The halftime score 31-49 wasn’t that bad. The final score was awful. So yeah. I don’t remember a halftime score like this. Awful. Did houston ever do this to us? I remember some awful game in our last playoffs against Houston.
We were down 40 to the Raptors at the half last season.

There was that game against Portland two years ago where they were shooting around 70% in first half and scored around 80? I don't remember our score but it was quite a whipping.

Unfortunately, in the real world, defenses force you into them. Maybe Snyder can ask the other team nicely before game not to run Bojan off the 3 point line :rolleyes:

You must have missed the point i was replying to someone talking about mid-range jumpers. Dumbass. We all know mid-range is the worst shot

What makes Donovan special isn’t his ability to score, it’s that he’s a leader which Edwards will never be. The Timberwolves are perennially losers oozing with talent and he fits that MO more than just about any player I can think of.

I'm not familiar with him in that regard but Edwards is an insane basketball player. He already looks like he's been in the NBA for years. Small sample size but it's been a while since I've seen a rookie look that good in his first games.

This is a valid criticism. I was shocked that Hughes, Shaq, and Oni, didn’t get any burn last night.

Those guys are for when we have a lead, not when we're down. Quin can't bench his guys 2nd game of the season.

Those guys are for when we have a lead, not when we're down. Quin can't bench his guys 2nd game of the season.
I agree, benching guys would’ve been crazy. I also agree that it’s probably best to play our best players when trying to get back into the game. What I’m surprised about is that none of those guys were given any burn. Like zero mins, right?

Maybe I’m in the minority (I probably am) but I’d think Hughes, Shaq, or oni should be in the rotation at some point. I’m talking about Hughes in particular. We typically play with Gobert/Faves at the 5 and then 4 ballhandlers/shooters. Obviously, Hughes shouldn’t break the starting 4. But what about the starting/bench 8? Why not give him Niang’s mins? Or Royce’s?

I hope we bounce back next game. What worries me about this loss is that Jazz, by running back pretty much the same team has an huge advantage over most of the teams that has many new pieces and will have to learn and adjust on the flight, as they had close to none pre-season training time.

As bad as the game was, we still had a shot to tie it down the stretch. Compare that to the Clippers vs Mavs game and all of a sudden we're looking pretty good still!