What's new

Game Thread Dec 26, 2020: Jazz vs. Wolves

Added to Calendar: 12-26-20

With all our 3 point shooting we do miss someone like JJ Reddick or Korver who can shoot on a run in a split second. If you play physical defense on perimeter against us we struggle to get good looks. If adding to that Donovan is inefficient on his drives we are in trouble. Still, not much to cry about, it just looked more as one of those nights when nothing goes well and we were close anyway. **** it, forget it and on to the next one.
Korver is washed, JJ is sick. Bojan should have been that guy

Athletic defensive wings is our kryptonite. Plus the three point shot has a high variance. If we shoot it well, then yes the average favors us, but what if we have a super high average one game, and then a dud like this one several times in a row?
Should have put Shaq in ?

I’m tired of the empty calories. I want nutrition. I don’t want any moral victories or “look at the bright side” losses. I’m hungry, and that non-nutritive cereal varnish isn’t placating just because it occupies space in my stomach. I refuse to eat this year.

4rr53q.jpg

Korver is washed, JJ is sick. Bojan should have been that guy

I mentioned them as a comparison not that I want them at their stage of career. Duncan Robinson is also that type of player. Bogie is different type of player imo. He offers more but doesn't have a motor and speed to constantly be on a move on perimeter.

Bojan just has no mid range game. It's always been a weakness of his whether it be turning it over or throwing up a brick of a floater.

Bojan just has no mid range game. It's always been a weakness of his whether it be turning it over or throwing up a brick of a floater.

You wanna talk about people with no mid range? That's Royce. He only shot 6 shots last season that weren't dunks, layups, or 3 pointers

Their defensive effort was definitely not fine in the first half. It got better, but I think we had way too many of those last year and hope(d) they had figured that out this year.
The Jazz read their press clippings and this board too much after the Portland game.

Their defensive effort was definitely not fine in the first half. It got better, but I think we had way too many of those last year and hope(d) they had figured that out this year.

Yeah, 68 points in a half is pretty ridiculous. Especially when you have Rudy. The rest of the team failed.

can score from outside, attacks the rim, dishes like a pg, gets his own rebounds. Without him on the court yesterday I felt good - when he’s on the court for the wolves they’re a different team. I know he’s not the same player, but little things he does I also see Brantley do. I’d like to get him some more pt but who knows.... he needs to clean up his mistakes for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
and here is the problem that will eventually make our dreams fall short.

too much time for Royce and Ingles. It's not that they are bad players its how they are used.
Its like when Favors was here before. Good player, but we were always limited with him as our starter.
Now in this backup role he's great.

Ingles and Royce aren't bad players. They make plays, have good games, etc. But they have this huge role on the team, and just
aren't good enough. Royce hustles, that's not the issue. He's undersized, inconsistent shooter, and gets destroyed on screens.

Last night Royce did make some positive plays, some awesome plays really (in a night of not many), but he got beat so many times on defence it
really just negates his impact.
You’re completely up your own ***.

Tough loss. Timberwolves played really well and the Jazz’s shots weren’t falling. Despite that and just not having it going as a team (which happens), the Jazz had a chance to win at the end. For Christ’s sake, our incumbent leading scorer couldn’t get anything going until the last two minutes of the game and the Jazz still could’ve won.

There are times to feel doomed, this ain’t one of them, IMO.

I will say: Clarkson needs to make a better effort at moving the ball when he’s not playing among scrubs and Ingles should’ve been the inbounder on the final play.

One of my pet peeves is when a player gets in some foul trouble and the coach limits the amount of playing time for the player. The player never ends up fouling out therefore the coach limits how much the player get to play much more than the foul trouble actually does.
Let them foul out. So be it. Then you know for certain that they played as much as possible. Gobert only has 22 minutes with 6 minutes left in the game. Thats not enough minutes. He is a postive in the plus/minus in a game we are losing.
He should have played more but Quin stopped that from happening, not the fouls.
Except that foul trouble itself changes the way players play, especially defensively. And you want to have your best players if/when you’re in a possession-by-possession finish to a game.