What's new

Game Thread Dec 30, 2022 08:00PM MT: Jazz at Kings

Added to Calendar: 12-30-22

I don't think luck had anything to do with it. The Kings never looked like they were in trouble, even when we were leading in the 4th. They could pretty much count on getting a nice floater for Fox or a middy for Huerter with just one Sabonis ball screen at the top, which is just unbelievable.

We have exactly one guy on the roster who can match Fox's speed and explosiveness, and that's Sexton. Unfortunately he's a flawed defender in other ways and can't anticipate/navigate ball screens at all.
Fox missed that floater we gave him and it turned into a 3 point play for them due to bounces. If Lauri gets a clean handle on the ball, we lead by 2 and they have to foul him.

Thats luck. Fox was always gonna get a look but he didnt convert and they still scored.

I normally don't listen with sound, but did tonight. The Sacramento fans sounded pretty loud. I'm not a huge believer in their team, but I'm glad they finally have something to cheer for.

We've played so many close games this year. It's been fun, but feels like everything is just evening out. Early in the season everything was going our way, now we are getting some tough bounces.

meh 3 point shooting night, and still only lost by single digit. This team is not at all bad enough to convince Ainge to sell vets just to sell. I am not sold myself that he should be a buyer either, but it wouldn't surprise me, if he is, given the Wolves pick is looking pretty great for us, and a play in first round experience,w/ potential to play spoiler etc. is a strong draw.

I do believe Mike will not play tomorrow on B2B, Sexton will start and NAW will play near 30 min. Hope this is the reason why he did not play today.
You do realize that would be an idiotic reason not play him last night?

meh 3 point shooting night, and still only lost by single digit. This team is not at all bad enough to convince Ainge to sell vets just to sell. I am not sold myself that he should be a buyer either, but it wouldn't surprise me, if he is, given the Wolves pick is looking pretty great for us, and a play in first round experience,w/ potential to play spoiler etc. is a strong draw.
What will make Ainge want to sell vets is seeing Hardy not focus on developing the younger guys.

NAW isn't a 3rd pg. He is simply a wing and our best defensive wing that fits extremely well with Sexton and Beasley.

That is your opinion. But obviously by watching how and when he is/was used hardy thinks he is a point guard.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

We need to start resting dudes. Mike should not play tomorrow but I bet he does. We need some dnp recovery if we aren’t trading dudes.

Minny needs to lose tomorrow… would be very helpful.

Mike especially shouldnt play tomorrow to allow NAW to get good run. He might be our point guard of the future. Dude was balling out while we were dealing with injuries.

Last edited:
Vanderbilt does some really nice things, but man. It's difficult because he can't play with Kessler for obvious reasons on offense, which means he has to be paired with a floor spacing big. And when that big is Kelly Olynyk, it's an absolute defensive disaster.

I just don't think he works as a starter on this particular team.

Agreed. Kessler should have been starting a long time ago. Its really hard to earn a starting job without someone getting hurt once rotations are set. Coaches are extremely rigid with rotations, lineups, and substitution patterns.

What will make Ainge want to sell vets is seeing Hardy not focus on developing the younger guys.
if you think Hardy has the keys to the castle I think you are wrong. He is using who he has, many things regarding minutes are salary based, not much else, which is GM directed

Hardy 100% has the keys to the castle. To think otherwise is laughable.
Hardy is promising young coach and his future is bright.
But even Hardy needs to pay his learning moneys to become better coach.
Even Pope Popovich has been young basketball coach once and look at him now.
Hardy will be very good or really good coach some day into future but it won't happen immeaditely.

Time to set up the tank. We start 10-3 but since we play like a very average team. I still believe Minny when KST back will make a run and LAkers may too if AD come back after ASG. We might ended bottom 7-8 in the league and pray for the balls.

And beeing honest , it's quite logical.
Starting 5 :

- Only Lauri , Jc and maybe Mike may be starters in many NBA Team.
- JC is a 1.5 night good, 1.5 bad
- Mike is passing well but his shoot is not consistent and he is getting old.
- Lauri is a great player but not a superstar yet.
- KO And Vando will never be starters in any contender teams. And even in average teams they may not start.

Bench :
- Malik is not consistent at all and except when he is shooting on good nights. he is a terrible player.
- Colin and NAW are under building players which go with up and down. I'm still not convinced Colin may be a starter in a good team. He play tonight 29 min ( same as Mike ) but ended with 1 assist where Mike get 8. And Mike did not play particulary well.
- Kessler is a promising rookie, but as a rookie he got up and down.
- Gay is.......
- The others are role players and need to learn.

I would have dream to see this team with Rudy and Bogey instead of KO and Vando..... but it's a dream.

Let's continue to learn and hope we have a night life to remember at the draft.
Pretty much spot on with the starting 5 and bench. As I said before, we are a team of castoffs. The hot start got me hoping though. But I still can’t watch the games and pull for us to lose. Even though, in the long run, it might be for the best.

Man I hope you're right. There is absolutely no point in losing with the vets getting big minutes, and we're losing. It makes the games a little more palatable to watch but is accomplishing nothing for the future.

Hardy 100% has the keys to the castle. To think otherwise is laughable.
he does? prove it then lol
They are not in a full tanking mode. This dream of them being in a full on rebuild, with the roster after the trades this offseason,makes it impossible to buy he has the keys to play Mr. Development. But hey if you want to believe they are not holding a short leash on the youngest coach in the league I can't explain your thinking

Mike especially shouldnt play tomorrow to allow NAW to get good run. He might be our point guard of the future. Dude was balling out while we were dealing with injuries.

I don’t know about pg of the future but he had shown more promise than he really ever had before. Maybe he sat past night because Mike would sit tonight. NAW would have been good to throw on Fox for 10-15 minutes.