What's new

Game Thread Dec 30, 2023 03:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Heat

Added to Calendar: 12-30-23

Kessler with 10 points, 8 rebounds, 2 blocks, zero turnover, 5-5 from the field. +10 in plus minus. I like all that. Don't like only 23 minutes but tonight KO was playing too well to take him out so I get it. And a win is a win.
Really hope to see 30 per game most nights though.
He is quietly playing really good for quite a while now.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

You don't think it's anything to make him miss games? I need more info on this
I was listening on the radio while driving to Springville so I didn't see it

He came back in after and finished the game, so I doubt it.

KO can be great when he isn't so passive. Everything works better with a balance, and his whole game opens up when he keeps his defender guessing by actually looking to score.

I've liked what I have seen from him lately, I'm guessing some team will value him in a trade.

I thought Sexton was the main piece for us in that trade originally

Honesty I guess it’s all speculation one way or the other. We had shown some interest in Sexton prior to the trade so perhaps you’re right and I’m wrong. I just know that Cleveland was anxious to get off Sexton and not so much Lauri and Ochai. Of course with Ainge picks are always front and center that much is for sure.

My mother loves Clarkson. She's 86yo with dementia so she cannot be reasoned with. She was loudly angry much of this game because he wasn't in the game enough, wasn't given the ball often enough, etc. I really need him to be traded for the sake of my sanity.

Plus she calls Walker "Keller" all game long.
My family also likes him. 6MOTY season was good fun. He’s gonna be alright. There’s probably some contending teams out there that need his services. Better chances for him to reach the Playoffs again. I still saw him cheer from the bench in the 4th so he’s in good spirits.

I know this type of stuff is dumb… but sometimes these early or odd game times mess things up a bit.
I don't have stats, but as someone that have watched every single of his games, I don't remember him having his best games in early starts more than once or twice. Rest of it has been average or below it.

Busy with New Years so late with my analysis:
  • Simone was very good in this game after having a few down games recently. Did a lot of good things on both ends and had few important buckets when we were bricking all ahots.
  • Loved the fact that not only did Key get super hot and clutch in 4th but also stood alone at team high +14
  • KO and Sexton with another great games. Dudes are balling.
  • Most impressive is that we got a team W in a game where Lauri struggled a lot and we were bricking everything for 3 quarters.
Trending even more upwards... love it.

Busy with New Years so late with my analysis:
  • Simone was very good in this game after having a few down games recently. Did a lot of good things on both ends and had few important buckets when we were bricking all ahots.
  • Loved the fact that not only did Key get super hot and clutch in 4th but also stood alone at team high +14
  • KO and Sexton with another great games. Dudes are balling.
  • Most impressive is that we got a team W in a game where Lauri struggled a lot and we were bricking everything for 3 quarters.
Trending even more upwards... love it.

It's still too early for me to "get busy". Waiting until at least 1pm, before I start getting wasted.

KO can be great when he isn't so passive. Everything works better with a balance, and his whole game opens up when he keeps his defender guessing by actually looking to score.

I've liked what I have seen from him lately, I'm guessing some team will value him in a trade.
I know that he doesn’t fit the timeline or whatever but I hope there’s an alternate universe where we hang onto him and get into the playoffs this year. What KO brings is just so special. He’s always on top of the play, is there a better more fundamentally sound point forward in the game? Coach’s kid and it’s obvious. But what makes him so special and so very valuable is his ability to read the clock situation and very efficiently navigate a path to the rim and score the basket. His ability to sashay between defenders and Euro step shielding the ball with his body is a thing of beauty. Nobody appreciates his skills like Big T and that alone speaks volumes about OClynyk.

Last edited:
It's still too early for me to "get busy". Waiting until at least 1pm, before I start getting wasted.
Yeah we had an overnight trip to a spa so I woke up in a hotel. Breakfast, last spa trip, 2 hour drive home, brunch, bought some food for evening festivities and some fireworks.

I was lucky to be able to squeeze watching the game in there.

Just rewatched the 4th quarter. Some great shots by the rookie! Great defense as well from a lot of guys. Lauri had some great defense a couple times batting the pass down from his guy. Collins had a couple great stops. It was a really solid quarter.

It's refreshing to have a coach that isnt afraid to mix the lineups up. That last year with Snyder was absolutely miserable to watch and I can't wait to see what adjustments Hardy does when we're back in the playoffs