What's new

Game Thread Dec 31, 2020 7:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Suns

Added to Calendar: 12-31-20

Wouldn't be shocked if the Suns have a better season this year than the Jazz will ever have in the entire Quin era.

They're not as talented as Utah, but they're extremely well coached.

looked closer to a no-call on the replay, so naturally the refs upgraded it to the flagrant. they always double down when they go to the screen, no matter what they see there.
There was an argument for no foul and off Booker. The body contact was partly on Royce but mostly because Booker was going hard to the hole from the wing.

I noticed there was no review or call for a review when Rudy got karate chopped in the face though.

Boler: "It's an amazing thing: Donavan can get 21 even when he struggles!" yes, it is so amazing when a chucker manages to get his points.
Boler was in rare form tonight. I wish Thurl wouldn’t have called him on the CP Jevon Carter thing early in the game... I wanted to see if he’d confuse the two all night.

You’re not going to win many games when your 4 SFs go:

5-20 16 pts in 102 mins
Favors alone gave us 10 pts in 14 mins and his role isn’t to shoot and score.

I don’t know why Hughes isn’t playing more. Especially if Bojan isn’t right.

You’re not going to win many games when your 4 SFs go:

5-20 16 pts in 102 mins
Favors alone gave us 10 pts in 14 mins and his role isn’t to shoot and score.

I don’t know why Hughes isn’t playing more. Especially if Bojan isn’t right.
Starting guards shot 38% for us tonight and they were chucking away.

Whatever. Our future is a kid who grew up wealthy and is now rich. Not sure how much intrinsic drive he’ll now have.
Stupidest **** I’ve ever heard. Dude obviously made it to the nba with some real hard work. Seems very intelligent as well.

Alright, every coach has their weaknesses and all, but these consistent struggles where we have these inexplicable mental funks, at some point this has to fall on the coach, where he has to be dynamic enough to recognize this and find ways to navigate out of ********* like this. It can just be on the players. He played 8 guys tonight, sans Niang’s 6 minutes. Odds that tomorrow’s rotation looks like tonight’s, with dead legs? High.

It’s the decision making that has me worried on DM. I can see him thinking.... nothing seems natural or easy right now. I can almost stop the game and tell you when he will just try a straight line drive instead of using change in speed or pace. When he shoots the pull-up three it seems forced instead of rhythmic.

Bojan being garbage after the surgery makes sense. He gets some time to figure it out. DM should not be this bad. We are not asking him to do anything that is a whole lot different than we asked last year.