What's new

Game Thread Dec 31, 2020 7:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Suns

Added to Calendar: 12-31-20

We're going to continue to be a terrible team as long as Bogey and Mitchell continue to be terrible. Luckily, I don't think they are actually terrible players. But there's no mistaking their performance so far this season. Complete disasters on both ends.
Agreed. I believe in both of them so I expect the team to have a great season.

It’s the decision making that has me worried on DM. I can see him thinking.... nothing seems natural or easy right now. I can almost stop the game and tell you when he will just try a straight line drive instead of using change in speed or pace. When he shoots the pull-up three it seems forced instead of rhythmic.

Bojan being garbage after the surgery makes sense. He gets some time to figure it out. DM should not be this bad. We are not asking him to do anything that is a whole lot different than we asked last year.

He's playing so deliberate, but in the worse way possible. Like you said, he's telegraphing what he wants to do on every possession. Even when he gets off a clean pull up or drive, he was hunting for and tunneling on it for the whole possession. It's the least "smooth" basketball I've seen in a while.

It doesn't help that opposing teams have been laser beams for three...but this team really should be a much better offensive team than they have been.

The playoff like rotation sucks.

Royce an ingles exposed night after night. Yes they make plays, but they aren't good enough folks. Jesus Royce is awful on offence.

We need a true 3 who can defend, AND make shots.

We were reminded again tonight that we need some enforcers. It was nice having Crowder, Booker, Carroll (to some extent), etc. Who is the bad-*** that will be willing to throw down if needed?

The issue is that the Jazz have a handful of players, while solid, have too large of roles. Royce is the main example. He is a good role player, but no way should he be starting and getting so many minutes. He is maybe the 8th or 9th guy in most rotations, but is probably getting 5th or 6th guy minutes. Also, I love me some Jingles, but his role is a bit to large on this team, and I believe that the pressure to produce may be too much sometimes.

I’d love to see @Tony Jones or some other Jazz kiss ***, I mean reporter, to ask legitimately blunt questions. Do your ****ing jobs. No ****ing way you will though. Instead, you’ll send out some “clever” tweets, rationalize this **** away and focus more on your New Year’s resolutions.

We were reminded again tonight that we need some enforcers. It was nice having Crowder, Booker, Carroll (to some extent), etc. Who is the bad-*** that will be willing to throw down if needed?

Gobert thinks he is. Which is laughable.

If only there were a guy... and he were available... and there was a thread about said guy...

This loss was garbage. The only bright side is we actually won the turnover battle, which is a rarity.

We got burned on perimeter defense and Harrison didn't play a second. Hmm...

I told my tv that if the foul on Booker was a flagrant I’m done watching the NBA... so I guess I’m done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wonder if the NBA will rescind it because it was clearly not a flagrant as the replay showed. If Royce got his head in the strip, then okay but he got all ball and no head. What is frustrating about Booker is that he creates the contact, jumps into guys, and they call the foul on the defender. BS. The refs ought to start reflecting on this -- they do review their calls -- and start calling it an offensive foul as it should be called.

He can score, and he's got more length than Royce.

It looks from what little we've seen him, that he could give us more. At least he is a true threat on offence.
He also has no NBA experience and was a disaster defensively in the pre-season.

If he’s replacing anyone, it’s not the one wing we have that has any defensive or rebounding chops and who doesn’t require touches on offense (since they are in such short supply as it is). Such an opportunity needs to come from Joe or Bojan.