What's new

Game Thread Dec 31, 2022 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Heat

Added to Calendar: 12-31-22

The Jazz offense stalled in the 4th quarter of that Warrior game while NAW was in. Hardy pulled NAW and hasn't played him a single minute since.

It's maddening how some of these guys can make tons of mistakes with no repercussions and others get put in the doghouse for one mistake. It also sucks to see our guys fight hard in the 4th quarter just to have a few of our so called veterans throw the game away. That's all I got. Happy new year fellow Jazz fans. On the bright side they are one step closer to having 2 top 10 picks.
Yeah I’m with you 100%. You know how many turnovers Clarkson had down the stretch, bet Hardy doesn’t do a thing to discipline him!

It’s maddening to watch. We can’t build a substantial lead. We can’t keep a lead. We’re constantly playing catch-up and we can’t seem to hit anymore buzzer beaters, but damned if Hardy wants to challenge the status quo. The best we can do is sell some vets and embrace the tank/rebuild I guess.

Good teams win close games, bad team loose them. We are bad. II remember one month ago saying that i won;t be surprised if we make some 2-8 series. And some people telling me we were way too good for that. Here we are. I won't be surprised if we ended the season with 28-30 win. Definitly a lottery team. Too many average players and worse to expect much more. I hope Minny wake up ( does not look like that but KAT will be back) amd Fakers make a run too.

Good teams win close games, bad team loose them. We are bad. II remember one month ago saying that i won;t be surprised if we make some 2-8 series. And some people telling me we were way too good for that. Here we are. I won't be surprised if we ended the season with 28-30 win. Definitly a lottery team. Too many average players and worse to expect much more. I hope Minny wake up ( does not look like that but KAT will be back) amd Fakers make a run too.

Why do you hope Minny wakes up? We have their pick this year.

Production numbers are not meaningless at all when talking about a guy that has been overly passive his entire career. Whether we win or lose having him put up big numbers is a big deal when it comes to changing his mindset.

Trade Lauri.

He seems to be the problem in Jazz.

The Jazz offense stalled in the 4th quarter of that Warrior game while NAW was in. Hardy pulled NAW and hasn't played him a single minute since.

It's maddening how some of these guys can make tons of mistakes with no repercussions and others get put in the doghouse for one mistake. It also sucks to see our guys fight hard in the 4th quarter just to have a few of our so called veterans throw the game away. That's all I got. Happy new year fellow Jazz fans. On the bright side they are one step closer to having 2 top 10 picks.
I would like to see Hardy look the pine riders in the eye and tell them why they aren't getting a second of playing time when the team is on a losing streak. I hate to say it but DA needs to have a sit down with boy wonder and explain a few things to the lad. Include Horny, Fiz, himself and Phil Johnson in the conversation and explain why he is losing. Rudy Gay is our long term future.

Hardy is such a ****ing moron and I'm just about ready to give up on him.

We need one stop for OT and instead of subbing in for defense, he leaves Clarkson and Sexton to do the job.

Is subbing in for defense even allowed?

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

It is one of the strangest things I have ever seen. He has been playing so well on both ends of the court so to suddenly get benched makes no sense. My favorite part about this season was seeing which guys could be a part of the future and I thought NAW had firmly established himself as a Swiss army knife role player.

We got healthy. I knew he was going back to the bench. Coaches are rigid robots. Doesnt matter how good or bad guys play, the rotation is the rotation. With rare exceptions.

Olynyk is like 7 feet tall. He had 4 rebounds in 33 minutes.
Conley is like 5 foot 10. He had 4 rebounds in 31 minutes.
Vando had 5 rebounds in 17 minutes.
Clarkson had 5 rebounds.
Kessler 12
Markennen 14

Im so sick of KO.

Rudy gay finally has a good shooting night and ironically he also had a rare minus in the plus minus stat.

He complimented his good shooting night with zero rebounds, zero assists, zero steals, and zero blocks.