What's new

Game Thread Dec 31, 2022 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Heat

Added to Calendar: 12-31-22

Really can’t believe that he hasn’t played a minute the last two games after the way he’s been playing!
It is one of the strangest things I have ever seen. He has been playing so well on both ends of the court so to suddenly get benched makes no sense. My favorite part about this season was seeing which guys could be a part of the future and I thought NAW had firmly established himself as a Swiss army knife role player.

I'm sure Lauri would merely be 20pts/5reb guy in a winning team than 30pts/10reb dude in a losing one. After certain point personal production numbers become meaningless if they won't also result team wins with them. Hopefully he can handle with that psychologically, and continue his upward trajectory.

I'm sure Lauri would merely be 20pts/5reb guy in a winning team than 30pts/10reb dude in a losing one. After certain point personal production numbers become meaningless if they won't also result team wins with them. Hopefully he can handle with that psychologically, and continue his upward trajectory.
Production numbers are not meaningless at all when talking about a guy that has been overly passive his entire career. Whether we win or lose having him put up big numbers is a big deal when it comes to changing his mindset.

Really can’t believe that he hasn’t played a minute the last two games after the way he’s been playing!
The Jazz offense stalled in the 4th quarter of that Warrior game while NAW was in. Hardy pulled NAW and hasn't played him a single minute since.

It's maddening how some of these guys can make tons of mistakes with no repercussions and others get put in the doghouse for one mistake. It also sucks to see our guys fight hard in the 4th quarter just to have a few of our so called veterans throw the game away. That's all I got. Happy new year fellow Jazz fans. On the bright side they are one step closer to having 2 top 10 picks.

Production numbers are not meaningless at all when talking about a guy that has been overly passive his entire career. Whether we win or lose having him put up big numbers is a big deal when it comes to changing his mindset.
Maybe so, and at least these losses cannot be generally put upon his shoulders.

But when it comes to a Finnish, team player psyche, I think it is very hard for Lauri be genuinely happy for his personal efforts when it looks like it is always just one FG away, the win I mean.

The Jazz aren't very good at featuring him and setting him up. He'd probably do just as well on an upper-echelon playoff team. If he were playing off of someone with real gravity, someone like Giannis or Lebron, he'd probably be doing even better.

Happy New Year, all! I'm out.

s-l500.jpg

That's why they need to trade Vanderbilt.
They don’t need to trade Vando. He’s a great part of the tank, he’s raw, and improving his shot with a set of unique skill set. It’s not like we are winning anything this year or next, let him develop. I also wish we’d stop playing him at center.

He did? He had 30 minutes, idiot!!
His 2nd highest minute total of the season, And still below the minutes of the average starter (roughly 32), which he should be getting every night at minimum, barring foul trouble.

That is my definition of getting starter minutes. Not sure what yours is: 20ish minutes with the occasional outlier 30?