What's new

Dem beautiful balls race

I could see the Grizzlies winning 2 more games. Dont really see a scenario where they win 3. Memphis will probably turn their own tank to hyperdrive if they win 2. Currently they dont really have to worry either way because they are 3 games behind the Raptors and 3 ahead of the Jazz, moving from their current spot is very unlikely.

I could see the Grizzlies winning 2 more games. Dont really see a scenario where they win 3. Memphis will probably turn their own tank to hyperdrive if they win 2. Currently they dont really have to worry either way because they are 3 games behind the Raptors and 3 ahead of the Jazz, moving from their current spot is very unlikely.
Come on now, let’s not get too deep here. Of course it is unlikely, but let HH do his voodoo you never know.

FOH... they ain't winning one more game this year.

It would probably just move tanking up the ladder a bit. You’d have people at the bottom of the bracket and in the play-in taking an equal lottery chances over a pretty good chance at being on the receiving end of a first round sweep or gentleman’s sweep.

We are one of the only teams right now sitting healthy players. Tanking is probably the least prevalent this year than it has ever been.
Outside of "the wheel" proposal you will never stop tanking. It has been curbed quite a bit. I don't ever think it was that big of an issue but with more Hinkie-types coming on I think it could have become a bigger issue.

The Grizzlies play the Pistons, Spurs, and the resting Nuggets who may not be playing for anything. The Grizz just beat the Bucks who have something to play for.

Memphis toughness is the antithesis of tanking. Go Grizz!

Do the Raptors get style points for losing by 48 last night!?!?!?!

Final score was 133 to 85. Oy. We thought we were tanking. They made no mistake about it.

Do the Raptors get style points for losing by 48 last night!?!?!?!

Final score was 133 to 85. Oy. We thought we were tanking. They made no mistake about it.
We weren't trying to tank and we lost by 50 to the Mavs. Does that say something about our team?

Third straight win for Memphis. This jazz team is looking incapable of winning another game, so if Memphis wins 2 of their last 5 we can split some lottery balls.

Come on now, let’s not get too deep here. Of course it is unlikely, but let HH do his voodoo you never know.

“Voodoo” is a concept that presupposes mystical, metaphysical substances. No Sir. This elevates unobservable postulates over observable, empirical experience.

If the Nuggets have a meaningful last game then the grizz are in trouble. So, cheer against Rudy, yo.

Also, Nets have the Pistons and the Raptors still.

Passing the Grizz means a 5.6% increased chance at a top 3 pick and a near 19.7% chance of the 7th pick vs no chance now. A tie increases us from a 26.3% to a 29.1% chance of a top 3 pick and a 9.8% chance of the 7th pick.

Go Grizz. Isn't winning better?

Last edited:
There’s just no way we catch Memphis. All the teams they play except 1 have something to play for. Will be lucky to stay at 8.