What's new

Dem beautiful balls race

Word on the street is that he's going to get moved this offseason. Jazz may be protecting him from injury at this point.
Ya I just feel like he qualifies as a vet on this team, and available to be traded like the others you mentioned

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Word on the street is that he's going to get moved this offseason. Jazz may be protecting him from injury at this point.
Correct. His salary falls a bunch this offseason. I bet they have a team lined up from the trade deadline and this is one of the first moves of the offseason that we see. Ya’ll can mock me when I’m wrong.

I thought so at first too, but less convinced now
Really? I think it’s almost a definite. He was expected to come in and play the 4 for a supersized lineup with Lauri and Kessler. Now that we know he can only play an undersized five, I’m sure he’s absolutely on the outs as soon as Ainge finds value. Bet he’d jump on a first if offered.

Really? I think it’s almost a definite. He was expected to come in and play the 4 for a supersized lineup with Lauri and Kessler. Now that we know he can only play an undersized five, I’m sure he’s absolutely on the outs as soon as Ainge finds value. Bet he’d jump on a first if offered.
The convo was about Sexton...

This idea that our second half tank means a full tank next year is hilarious. Do you guys forget what happened last year?

I don't disagree, but at this point the Jazz are running out of expiring contracts and quality vets to trade mid-season. Jazz are probably hoping to reel in a couple good prospects in the lottery of next year's draft (assuming the Cavs decide to trade Mitchell).

I don't disagree, but at this point the Jazz are running out of expiring contracts and quality vets to trade mid-season. Maybe they pick up a free agent or two.

Maybe, but as long as Lauri is playing I think it takes us out of contention for the top of the draft. He's playing some now, and we still suck, but it's a different attitude when it's the beginning of the season versus "we gave up". If the Jazz wanted to utilize the top of the draft they should have cleared out the quality vets two summers ago.

Maybe, but as long as Lauri is playing I think it takes us out of contention for the top of the draft. He's playing some now, and we still suck, but it's a different attitude when it's the beginning of the season versus "we gave up". If the Jazz wanted to utilize the top of the draft they should have cleared out the quality vets two summers ago.
I don't think that is the case next year. Even with Lauri playing well I think we will struggle. The west was brutal this year and next season it will be even more difficult so based on our current roster and I think we are a likely bottom 2 team with the blazers. I can't really think of any offseason move that would make us any more than a play in candidate at best.

We will findout next season whether Key, Tay Henny and Brice are prospects or the next Dok and Bolmaro. I think the off season and Summer League will be helpful to all three.

We will findout next season whether Key, Tay Henny and Brice are prospects or the next Dok and Bolmaro. I think the off season and Summer League will be helpful to all three.

Hendricks has a definite role as a floor spacer and help defender. Even if nothing else progresses that much, he can be your 4th or 5th guy.
Sensabaugh has a lot of potential as a scorer and secondary creator. He just needs to put it together and keep working on his conditioning. He might one day run a 2nd unit.
With Keyonte, it's just a question of usage vs. efficiency. He needs to play with a certain level of efficiency and can be given a long leash as long as he's efficient enough.

I just saw on tankathon that OKC owns the HOU pick, which is at 12 right now. If we felt like the guy we liked would still be available at 12, should we consider giving up 8/9 to OKC as a way to convey our pick in exchange for trading back to 12?

I'm guessing OKC wouldn't do it, but if we go full tank there is a chance that pick never conveys. For us it allows us to make sure to have our pick next year, but more importantly in 2026 for the swaps.

This idea that our second half tank means a full tank next year is hilarious. Do you guys forget what happened last year?
The idea that anything we are doing now is a part of some grand plan… our map ain’t that detailed. We are teenagers… we gonna do something later… maybe… if we feel like it… or maybe not. Then when we decide we will frantically get to a point where we do enough to half *** something.

The idea that anything we are doing now is a part of some grand plan… our map ain’t that detailed. We are teenagers… we gonna do something later… maybe… if we feel like it… or maybe not. Then when we decide we will frantically get to a point where we do enough to half *** something.
I suppose they are trying to max player value development, while adding/holding on to guys with highest potential.

Done a good job increasing value of Lauri, Sexton, Tech and Dunn while simultaneously giving a chance to young guys (Ochai, Kessler and current rooks).

Whether it results in a firesale or not remains to be seen.

I suppose they are trying to max player value development, while adding/holding on to guys with highest potential.

Done a good job increasing value of Lauri, Sexton, Tech and Dunn while simultaneously giving a chance to young guys (Ochai, Kessler and current rooks).

Whether it results in a firesale or not remains to be seen.
And this isn't me being critical of the team or direction or whatever. They are just kinda playing things as they go... rolling with the punches... whatever other platitude you want to use. I'm laughing at us thinking they have a master chess game mapped out or some elaborate Ocean's Eleven heist planned.

Watching last night's second half reminded me how bad our rooks defense is. That is something that is fixable unless they all have a Jimmer like attitude. I'm optimistic that the pieces that are added will make the Jazzz non-dregs next season.