What's new

Denver Nuggets @ Utah Jazz 3/3 8:30PM MST

Explains almost every game this whole season. We like 6 nice pieces maximum and the rest is garbage.
True dat. But I'm actually pretty encouraged right now. Jazz were playing like crap BEFORE the trade. Now we have Favors AND a top-6 pick (hopefully it remains in that range). And if the Jazz miss the playoffs, having an extra draft pick may very wll help in trading for a veteran wing.

Jefferson, Favors and Millsap is a pretty good rotation at the 4/5. Throw in Okur if healthy. Maybe even Tomic, although I think he stays in Europe one more year if Okur can play next season.

Harris and Watson is a decent combo at PG next season.

AK probably gets re-signed. CJ is a serviceable backup, as is Hayward.
We'll have NJ's pick and probably our own (in the 13-14 range) to address the wing positions. A good, young one will be available such as Barnes or T. Jones. I could even see Utah going after a guy like Kanter. You can never have too many guys to play the 5.

Favors and Hayward are only going to get better. Throw in a lottery pick, and a likely trade for a veteran wing (or maybe the Jazz even using the MLE) and the team should be much improved next season.

Lol

ouch that picture explains everything. To be fair though, the ref probably didn't know kmart was going to make such a bonehead move. I would've been spacing out...plus if we did get the .6 secs back, would've the jazz even have enough time to make any kind of shot? The disappointment comes from the fact that they didn't even bother to review the damn thing.

True dat. But I'm actually pretty encouraged right now. Jazz were playing like crap BEFORE the trade. Now we have Favors AND a top-6 pick (hopefully it remains in that range). And if the Jazz miss the playoffs, having an extra draft pick may very wll help in trading for a veteran wing.

Jefferson, Favors and Millsap is a pretty good rotation at the 4/5. Throw in Okur if healthy. Maybe even Tomic, although I think he stays in Europe one more year if Okur can play next season.

Harris and Watson is a decent combo at PG next season.

AK probably gets re-signed. CJ is a serviceable backup, as is Hayward.
We'll have NJ's pick and probably our own (in the 13-14 range) to address the wing positions. A good, young one will be available such as Barnes or T. Jones. I could even see Utah going after a guy like Kanter. You can never have too many guys to play the 5.

Favors and Hayward are only going to get better. Throw in a lottery pick, and a likely trade for a veteran wing (or maybe the Jazz even using the MLE) and the team should be much improved next season.

Its tough seeing us lose all these games, but there are now only 3 regular rotation players who were here last year. Not gelling yet, hopefully rest of season will be used to build up for next.

This team is fun to watch again since the trade.
Refs are actually on our side. They want us to get more good lottery picks.
This team is going to be good soon. I am serious.

ouch that picture explains everything. To be fair though, the ref probably didn't know kmart was going to make such a bonehead move. I would've been spacing out...plus if we did get the .6 secs back, would've the jazz even have enough time to make any kind of shot? The disappointment comes from the fact that they didn't even bother to review the damn thing.

bonehead move? if you're talking about the blown inbound pass, sure.

but reaching out to stop the AK layup was absolutely brilliant. if the refs call it, the jazz are stuck with the ball out of bounds w/ under a sec. if they don't call it, he has at least attempted to defend the basket there, in a way. if he does nothing, AK has a free layup to tie the game.

2011-March-4-1-29-30.jpg

I have a feeling this image may be appearing on the news soon...

The Jazz will not get an apology. I can guarantee it.

It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to guarantee things you have absolutely no control over.

Here's a better guarantee: Somebody will disagree with your post.

See. I was right.

I agree with the Jazz had plenty of chances to win the game and did not so it is essentially on them but at the same time the Jazz had 1x FT in the first Qtr and 2 FT's in the 2nd Qtr for a total of 3 FT's in the first half. The 4th Qtr Jazz in the penalty with about 8min left in the game Nuggz FIRST team foul was around the 5min mark or so. Nuggz shot more FT's in the 4th Qtr then the Jazz shot for the entire game, CHRIS ANDERSON at until just under 1min left in the game had more FT's then the ENTIRE JAZZ TEAM.
All this at home non the less, hard not to say they didn't have some effect on the Jazz losing not even mentioning those calls down the stretch like Millsap got a steal and it was more of a foul on Nene o reaching and hitting Millsap on the head.

Also you can ask my nephew & niece when AK checked in with around 30sec I said oh great bring him in cold and he's going to be forced to make a play but will miss the shot and when that ending happened he looked over and was like WOW and I said yes I watch too much Jazz.

Anyway Corbin also has a role in this loss what the hell was he sitting AK for the last 4-5min of the game.

It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to guarantee things you have absolutely no control over.

Here's a better guarantee: Somebody will disagree with your post.

See. I was right.

Wait a few days and I'll be replying with,

"See. I was right."

if Dwight Howard had inbounded last night (instead of Martin) and LeBron had made the steal (instead of Andrei) and Howard then touched the ball from out of bounds... i'm guessing we'd be hearing/seeing more about that play in the media right now. hell, substitute Bass and Mike Miller above. anyone care to disagree?

Reactions: kwb
I agree with the Jazz had plenty of chances to win the game and did not so it is essentially on them but at the same time the Jazz had 1x FT in the first Qtr and 2 FT's in the 2nd Qtr for a total of 3 FT's in the first half. The 4th Qtr Jazz in the penalty with about 8min left in the game Nuggz FIRST team foul was around the 5min mark or so. Nuggz shot more FT's in the 4th Qtr then the Jazz shot for the entire game, CHRIS ANDERSON at until just under 1min left in the game had more FT's then the ENTIRE JAZZ TEAM.
All this at home non the less, hard not to say they didn't have some effect on the Jazz losing not even mentioning those calls down the stretch like Millsap got a steal and it was more of a foul on Nene o reaching and hitting Millsap on the head.

Also you can ask my nephew & niece when AK checked in with around 30sec I said oh great bring him in cold and he's going to be forced to make a play but will miss the shot and when that ending happened he looked over and was like WOW and I said yes I watch too much Jazz.

Anyway Corbin also has a role in this loss what the hell was he sitting AK for the last 4-5min of the game.

Must have Bell in game. To awesome to sit.

If Jerry were coaching, do you guys think the difference in FT's would have been that bad?

That is not the issue here. he was out of bounds when he touched the ball. Jazz should have gotten one last desperation shot.

whatever. the Nuggets should've gotten their 26th and 27th FTs of the quarter, and the ball. obviously. ask George Karl about how the refs screwed the Nuggets over so hard in this game.

Jazz lost the game because, once again, like always, they left the three point shooter open, again and again. The refs bad calls is just icing on the losing cake.