What's new

Denver Nuggets @ Utah Jazz 3/3 8:30PM MST

Is the NBA going to issue an apology like they did for Kevin Durant "foul" last year?

the durant play was a judgment call, replay or otherwise. both of these were clear cut, indisputable violations. and the ref had the perfect view. he had just handed the Martin the ball. on top of all that, they could've just checked the replay since AK made the follow shot after the miss. every other game seems to have some review of a shot that seemingly was taken an hour before/after the buzzer for who knows what reason. this one: no review. however, i dunno if those Martin's violations were reviewable or not.

2011-March-4-1-29-30.jpg

The ref was standing right there!!

So what is the rule? Out of bound to the Jazz? If that's the case, then it doesn't make a difference since time expires. If it's a T, then it's one shot and the ball, but there still may not be enough time to take a shot...

Anyone knows if Jefferson is hurt?

The ref was standing right there!!

So what is the rule? Out of bound to the Jazz? If that's the case, then it doesn't make a difference since time expires. If it's a T, then it's one shot and the ball, but there still may not be enough time to take a shot...

Anyone knows if Jefferson is hurt?

Martin deflected the ball himself before Andrei touched it! That was the violation that should've been called!

why I always think of George Karl as a loser-whiner of a coach

Denver coach George Karl, who sounded annoyed with the officiating despite the Nuggets' 33-12 edge in free-throw attempts, including 25-3 in the fourth quarter:

"Big win. Exactly what we needed. We overcame missing free throws. We overcame some tough calls. In Utah, they get calls here. [But] I constantly kept thinking we were going to win the game and we did."

Really? After this game? He defines whining.

If I'm not mistaken refs can't call out of bounds after watching tape after play is done. They can only watch clock and who possess ball after going out of bounds if they have doubts. But they can't call foul or out of bounds after watching tape.

If I'm not mistaken refs can't call out of bounds after watching tape after play is done. They can only watch clock and who possess ball after going out of bounds if they have doubts. But they can't call foul or out of bounds after watching tape.

Well if that's the case than that is exactly the problem with the review rule.

Martin deflected the ball himself before Andrei touched it! That was the violation that should've been called!
Martin lost hold of the ball and then touched it, but I don't think that's a violation. As far as I know he could toss the ball 10 feet in the air, catch it and then inbound. This was the same thing, only inadvertent. You can also pass the ball to another player (also out of bounds) and let them pass it in, so I'm not sure this is different. I think if he lets go, he can recover the ball unless he goes inbounds to do so.

After AK grabbed it and when Martin touched the ball from out of bounds...that was out of bounds. Jazz should have had 0.9 seconds on the clock for an inbound play.

Or we could have just played some defense (like not leaving Affalo wide open), made a 3 point shot, or you know, stopped turning the ball over in this game. Why rely on the refs to bail us out?

Or we could have just played some defense (like not leaving Affalo wide open), made a 3 point shot, or you know, stopped turning the ball over in this game. Why rely on the refs to bail us out?

True. The officiating was infuriating, but watching them shoot 2-7 and have 4 TOs in the final minutes of the game was worse. This team just ain't very good.

refs had many worse calls against the jazz IMO, but we notice this one because because it was the last second.

great pic by zerol.

please teach me how to do that!

Is it possible to dislike the Thuggets even more with Carmelo gone?
I didn't think it was, but I may be proven wrong after this game.