What's new

Deron Williams talks New York vs Utah

Here's the quote for those who don't want to click the link:

Deron Williams said:
I’m not going to lie. I don’t really feel so much like a New Yorker. I grew up in an apartment in Texas where you could send your kids outside like ‘yeah, go play in the sun.’ Here it’s more challenging. The process of getting them into school is a nightmare. Even private schools where you pay are an ordeal. In Utah, you just send your kids to the first public school in the area because they’re all great. Truth is, we enjoy getting away from the hustle and bustle and going back to Utah every summer. It’s a relief to take that timeout. No traffic. No crowds. My daughters still have their friends there. There’s a big backyard. They go to the pool; the playground and they jump on the trampoline. Kids running wild and free here (in New York)…? I don’t think so.

Pretty cool that Dwill adopted a kid with autism. People call him a dick all the time, but he just doesn't like to be bothered by fans. He is a good dude.

Oh no.

Pleasedon'tresignDeronPleasedon'tresignDeronPleasedon'tresignDeron

It all depends on price. If he gets paid to play in Utah like a starting point guard, I would like to have him. He regains his all-star from that is a different question.

Pretty cool that Dwill adopted a kid with autism. People call him a dick all the time, but he just doesn't like to be bothered by fans. He is a good dude.

I agree, I like everything about what DWill has to say about his autistic child and he does seem like a good dude in his attitude towards his child.

Just to clarify, he did not know the child was autistic before adoption.

Grass isnt always greener in the other paddock itvwould seem, that said if he accepted a bench role and would mentor burke, exum and Neto id be ok with that for the right price

To bad Deron didn't like Utah when he played here.

Except he stuck around Utah even during the offseason and did a lot of charity events!

Compare they to Stockton & Malone who went home during the offseason!!

Except he stuck around Utah even during the offseason and did a lot of charity events!

Compare they to Stockton & Malone who went home during the offseason!!
The weird thing is that I remember hearing people talking about how Deron's wife was a big reason that Deron wanted out of Utah. That said Deron was a stud. Now he's a mid tier point guard who's getting way overpaid.

Oh wow, his experience living in New York sounds kind of rough, compared to my shameful story of poverty, sex, and booze. TriBeCa is a really nice neighborhood, and he has a chauffeured car (which is waaaaaay faster than the subway). He said he doesn't think kids can run around like they do in Texas and Utah...unless he's purposefully avoiding a reference to the kids who run the streets in the bx, East side qns, and around brooklyn. I'm glad he shot from the hip on this interview.

Not to be the starting PG. If/when he's willing to take a bench role, he'll be fine.

Have you seen our PG play? He would be better than what we have even if hurt half the season.
For how long, don't know.
For how much, don't know.

Just saying he's better than what we have right now.

I'm a sucker for giving someone a second chance. Sometimes you have to allow people to grow, accept that people change, and embrace the fact that 'you' have been their yourself.

If he's the right guy at the right price.. you sit down and have that talk.. and sign him if it makes good business sense and he seems to be a good fit in the go-forward.. largely regardless of the past.