What's new

Deron Williams talks New York vs Utah

I think Deron genuinely likes it here. He fits right in with the arrogant know-it-all bossy pushy invincible bad driving holier-than-thou rebel misogynistic white-privileged gun-carrying home-brewing Kobe-hating dodgeball luvin Mormon lovin / morman hatin freakazoid moran jazzfanz.
Two peas in a pod, us and him.

Billy King ruined Deron's career.

Derrick Rose's foot got it started, Andrei Kirilenko and Memo's contracts made the situation here rough, KOC tried to salvage it by getting him a sidekick whose skillset didn't at all fit with his or the team's style, then Deron started ruining it, then Billy King let him ruin it.

maybe 3 years ago, but now? hell naw. let bygones be bygones. he can't stay healthy, and he will only decline more and more.

Oh wow, his experience living in New York sounds kind of rough, compared to my shameful story of poverty, sex, and booze. TriBeCa is a really nice neighborhood, and he has a chauffeured car (which is waaaaaay faster than the subway). He said he doesn't think kids can run around like they do in Texas and Utah...unless he's purposefully avoiding a reference to the kids who run the streets in the bx, East side qns, and around brooklyn. I'm glad he shot from the hip on this interview.

Lived in Harlem and Staten Island. Never had a problem finding places for my kids go play. Kids play football in the street, playgrounds are everywhere and it's a lot safer than most people think. New York is a great place for kids. I can relate to how he feels, though. I was born and raised in the corn fields of Illinois and ended up in Central Utah after high school. Never thought I'd like living in a big city like NYC, but it grows on you. Ended up LOVING our time in New York and wouldn't mind moving back for a short while.

I love the family friendly atmosphere here in Utah. I can see how not everyone is made for the noise, hustle and drama of living in New York. I'm glad that he has nice things to say about Utah. It really is a wonderful place to live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogDbXqmVieM

vintage dwill

I miss those days, even with Boozer. What a great team to watch. DWill was so good in Jerry's system. I think it took hindsight for him to see that. I wouldn't mind seeing him back here to finish his career where he started it, in a mentoring, clutch-shot kind of role.

FWIW Williams is clearly talking about living in Manhattan and not the other 4 boroughs that make up NYC. I grew up in Brooklyn, went to decent public schools and had plenty of places to play and go as a kid.

Not to be the starting PG. If/when he's willing to take a bench role, he'll be fine.

Oh, right. So the black guy is only welcome back if he accepts a second class role. Got it.

Derrick Rose's foot got it started, Andrei Kirilenko and Memo's contracts made the situation here rough, KOC tried to salvage it by getting him a sidekick whose skillset didn't at all fit with his or the team's style, then Deron started ruining it, then Billy King let him ruin it.

This this this!