What's new

Derrick Favors - Mind of a child?

Most people under the age of say 25 nowadays have the minds of a child. Social media and texting is ruining people.

I`m SO GLAD i grew up without the internet and cell phones.

Interpersonal skills are diminishing greatly.

I suppose you preferred when information was only delivered to you on the tube?
When there was no choice of what information you wanted to hear.

I'm SO GLAD I grew up with a choice of what information I chose to hear through the internet and smartphones.

We don't need a rocket scientist but I think the OP has a valid point with Favors' ability, or lack thereof, to express himself, and how that can translate to his game. For now, I'll chalk it up to youth. But Kobe, Shaq, Lebron, Wade, the Celtics' guys, basically every stud or champion I can think of has had solid communication skills (okay, maybe not Shaq-tarded) and I think that matters in so many little ways. Becoming a leader. Getting guys to listen. Communicating actively on the floor. In interviews. Eventually, with confidence. Being an alpha guy. In getting women, which I think matters. And most importantly for me, to be able to see the game and play the game in a mature way, in which knowledge and a true understanding of the game simply becomes expression and execution of it. It's actually a fair concept, though premature at this point. If we see this two to three years from now though, I'll become more concerned.

We don't need a rocket scientist but I think the OP has a valid point with Favors' ability, or lack thereof, to express himself, and how that can translate to his game. For now, I'll chalk it up to youth. But Kobe, Shaq, Lebron, Wade, the Celtics' guys, basically every stud or champion I can think of has had solid communication skills (okay, maybe not Shaq-tarded) and I think that matters in so many little ways. Becoming a leader. Getting guys to listen. Communicating actively on the floor. In interviews. Eventually, with confidence. Being an alpha guy. In getting women, which I think matters. And most importantly for me, to be able to see the game and play the game in a mature way, in which knowledge and a true understanding of the game simply becomes expression and execution of it. It's actually a fair concept, though premature at this point. If we see this two to three years from now though, I'll become more concerned.

I have to disagree with this.

The media is an absolute joke, and the ship is being captained by ESPGossip. If I were in the spot light, I wouldn't give them any of my communicating abilities. Give them short answers that can't be twisted, then go leave it all out on the court. I give Favors 10 out of 10 in his handling of the media. It's a ****fest anyway, so move on to another topic.

The media is an absolute joke, and the ship is being captained by ESPGossip. If I were in the spot light, I wouldn't give them any of my communicating abilities. Give them short answers that can't be twisted, then go leave it all out on the court. I give Favors 10 out of 10 in his handling of the media. It's a ****fest anyway, so move on to another topic.

There's a difference between what you're saying and what Bill Belichick does by consciously giving short answers in a sort of aloof fashion and simply seemingly being unable to formulate coherent sentences/thoughts.

No.

Yes.

Not to mention nuclear war. I mean the fact that Derrick Favors is dumb doesn't only have ramifications for society as a whole, but could you imagine if he got the launch codes? Ho-ly ****.
Tracked down my password just to log in and tell you that I love you for this post.

I'm SO GLAD I grew up with a choice of what information I chose to hear through the internet and smartphones.

I`m talking more of the stare at your hands constantly people vs observing what`s going on around them people.

Unfortunately, some people have chosen to only read what confirms their preconceptions. Such people falls for allsorts of nonesense.