What's new

Derrick Favors tweets: "Never Forget"

I like Favors. Hard working, blue collar guy. Hated seeing him this past season as a shell of himself. Fervently hope he is healed up and can return to his borderline all star self. And to a certain extant, he was an afterthought this past season, the focus was on Hill and Hayward, then Rudy. Wasn't long ago when he was the number 2 guy on the team with a whole lot more touches.

Thought much of this past season we were lied to regarding Favor's. Never got answers as to what his mysterious condition was that needed to be managed during last summer. And despite his protestations that he was healthy when he started playing again, he didn't pass the eye test by any stretch of the imagination.

Would really like to know if the "condition" he had is something that is chronic?

I still lol at the chain of events: OKC blows a 3-1 lead in conference finals, Draymond gets suspended causing GSW to blow 3-1 lead in the Finals, KD joins Warriors, everyone in the West enters an arms race that brings in all-star candidates in, Hayward leaves East.

All because Westbrook and KD couldn't finish the deal Utah's hopes were crushed.

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app

We brought in Rubio and paid Ingles some pre dece coin to stick around. I wonder if we do that if we know Hayward is going to leave? It kind of changes my perception of PG and his approach. At least Indiana could forward plan appropriately. Pritchards still an idiot but they were able to do what they thought was right.

I think they would have.

When Hayward visits Vivint arena next, someone should open a poster; "The North Remembers"

Had a look at future draft picks and Celtics seem to have a bunch in the next couple of what looks like there will be some decent ones upcoming.. We spent all of ours :(

I'm going to give Favs the benefit of the doubt and assume he meant this about how Hayward treated his teammates.

heaven help him is he gets injured, or struggles in key games.

It's very bad here. David Price is going through it right now on the Red Sox.

Haywood was babied at Butler and Utah.

He's in for a HUGE wakeup.

Most people are excited. But alot of sports media here is talking about the dumb decision that your two max players are Haywood/Horford.

It's very bad here. David Price is going through it right now on the Red Sox.

Haywood was babied at Butler and Utah.

He's in for a HUGE wakeup.

Most people are excited. But alot of sports media here is talking about the dumb decision that your two max players are Haywood/Horford.
I like that the knives are already coming out. Hayward makes them better, but a Big3 of Horford, Hayward and IT seems underwhelming. Maybe Tatum surprises as a SG next to Hayward.

I like that the knives are already coming out. Hayward makes them better, but a Big3 of Horford, Hayward and IT seems underwhelming. Maybe Tatum surprises as a SG next to Hayward.

It does, but Boston is going to be a top 3 offensive team in the NBA. The wildcard IMO, isn't Tatum/Brown, but Zizic. If he can have an impactful rookie year, that potentially solves a lot of their weaknesses.

Also how much is their FO willing to spend in LT. It's most certainly more than Utah's (which I wouldn't doubt was part of Hayward's choice as it's probably the most pertinent to having a true chance at competing).

Favors is gone next year. We did everything possible to feature Hayward last couple of years at the expense of Favors. We ****ed him up real well. We made him play injured so we can convince Hayward this team can win. Favors won't be sticking around. If there is a player who got screwed up by the Jazz FO and coaching/medical staff it was Favors. I cannot blame him for wanting to leave next year.

No way Tatum is a SG, I think it would be Brown to excel at the 2 spot.

Pelton also said the addition of Hayward doesn't improve them much into next year because they were already getting effecient production from Crowder.

Here I thought our locker room was one of the Utah strengths. Then I see that the relationships with Gordon Coward and teammates were evidently not close enough to have a bind to the team. Then these cryptic tweets make me wonder what Favors is thinking.

Favors is gone next year. We did everything possible to feature Hayward last couple of years at the expense of Favors. We ****ed him up real well. We made him play injured so we can convince Hayward this team can win. Favors won't be sticking around. If there is a player who got screwed up by the Jazz FO and coaching/medical staff it was Favors. I cannot blame him for wanting to leave next year.
Yeah. . . I love Favors, but I think he's gone as well. At $12 million dollars, unless I get solid value coming back, I just keep him until the deadline. If the Jazz can consolidate Favors and Burks to a solid asset - do it. Move on now and start focusing on your core of Gobert, Rubio, Hood, Exum and Mitchell.