What's new

Derrick Favors tweets: "Never Forget"

I shouldn't have asked. Sorry Fave, always loved you bro no matter how old and slow you looked on the court.

Locke always hinted that the locker room culture wasn't great. I think this confirms it was probably really bad.

When did he do that? Link. I know he said there wasn't a leader but that's far different than the locker room culture not being great.

That is really interesting and very telling that Favors was not at the meeting with Hayward. The fact that he stepped up and signed a reasonable contract a couple years ago and is a huge reason that Utah got to the second round of the playoffs should have gotten him a seat at that table.

I don't read every post on this board but this is the first time I have read any comment that the Jazz in any way tried to force anyone to play before they and the docs said they were ready. In fact, there were dozens if not hundreds of posts last year that we let people sit out too long (which I disagree with), including Favors. So we can agree to disagree. I don't believe in any way Favs was pressured or even encouraged to play before he said he wanted to and the docs said OK. This feels like someone making stuff up.

Players play. My father was a professional in a team sport. I remember him playing with a torn meniscus for half a season and taking pain killers daily at the time and after the season it turned out he needs a surgery. If the doctors tell them they can play, they play. They take injections with pain killers to do it if they have to. They didn't pressure Favors to play most probably. They didn't need to. If they tell him - "it's just the pain, nothing long-term, you can play", he will take the pills/injection and just play through it. Again - players play, they don't want to betray teammates, fans, etc.

I wonder if it's just that #20 didn't forget that the Jazz didn't willingly extend him and made him go out on the market to determine his worth?

Nah, they were willing to extend him. They just didn't willingly max him. And for the year Hayward had leading up, if he thinks he earned a max, he's a ****ing moron and good riddance anyway. He earned it since then, but Hayward was the beneficiary of being a FA at the right time when there was lots of money to be thrown around.

Anybody who wants to blame the FO for that, and thinks Hayward wouldn't have burned us is up in the night. He still would have had a chance to run to his college coach and get out of a conference where he'll never see another all star game again. That putz would have burned us either way, so BFG on not having a douchebag around for one more year.

Funny to me how so many people here trashed the Jazz FO for giving AK a max and NOT letting the market determine his worth, and now it has flipped and apparently we should just max everyone, even after a mediocre year, just in case they end up being good.

If Haywood really held a grudge about the team trying to make responsible financial decisions, then **** him and I hope he didn't let the door hit him in the ***.

That is really interesting and very telling that Favors was not at the meeting with Hayward. The fact that he stepped up and signed a reasonable contract a couple years ago and is a huge reason that Utah got to the second round of the playoffs should have gotten him a seat at that table.

Or perhaps you could pay attention and then you'd know he was expecting a baby at any moment.

Locke always hinted that the locker room culture wasn't great. I think this confirms it was probably really bad.

I dont think Locke has ever hinted that at all.

He just said Hayward was a closed off person and wasnt great friends with anyone because of how focused he was on working.

His wife was pregnant and due to have a baby any day. You dont know what you are talking about.

Nah, they were willing to extend him. They just didn't willingly max him. And for the year Hayward had leading up, if he thinks he earned a max, he's a ****ing moron and good riddance anyway. He earned it since then, but Hayward was the beneficiary of being a FA at the right time when there was lots of money to be thrown around.

Anybody who wants to blame the FO for that, and thinks Hayward wouldn't have burned us is up in the night. He still would have had a chance to run to his college coach and get out of a conference where he'll never see another all star game again. That putz would have burned us either way, so BFG on not having a douchebag around for one more year.

Funny to me how so many people here trashed the Jazz FO for giving AK a max and NOT letting the market determine his worth, and now it has flipped and apparently we should just max everyone, even after a mediocre year, just in case they end up being good.

If Haywood really held a grudge about the team trying to make responsible financial decisions, then **** him and I hope he didn't let the door hit him in the ***.
Good post

I think he means us Jazz fans always backed GH when he was still here and Favs always being on the trading block all the time. Now that GH is gone and he's still here... so never forget which player you backed is my take.

Favors has been injured. Before that, there was some discussion as to him being the best player on the team, over Hayward.

So unless you think Favors blames the fans for his injuries, most of what is in this thread is dumb.

If Favors has any issues anywhere, it could be with Quin for not starting him once he felt he was healthy, but I doubt even that is the case.

His tweet is most likely about Haywood abandoning his teammates because he didn't think they were good enough. All this other stuff seems like jazz fans with overactive imaginations.

Players play. My father was a professional in a team sport. I remember him playing with a torn meniscus for half a season and taking pain killers daily at the time and after the season it turned out he needs a surgery. If the doctors tell them they can play, they play. They take injections with pain killers to do it if they have to. They didn't pressure Favors to play most probably. They didn't need to. If they tell him - "it's just the pain, nothing long-term, you can play", he will take the pills/injection and just play through it. Again - players play, they don't want to betray teammates, fans, etc.

Tell Carlos Boozer that.

But yeah, some players play through the pain. And by the way Favors was running it looked like he tried to do that.

What sport did your dad play? Football?

That is really interesting and very telling that Favors was not at the meeting with Hayward.

Not really. We don't know if he was invited or not. He's having a baby any day, so it's very possible he was invited and turned it down.

I appreciate what Favors has done for us, but he has to be traded asap. Teams are overpaying left and right. We might get a desperate team who overpays for him.

Trade him now.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app