What's new

Derrick Williams on Enes Kanter (working out together)

Guitaro

https://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/utah_jazz

Derrick Williams: Was working out with Enes Kanter today .. Looks good Utah ! Y'all got a good player coming to you guys! Twitter

Just thought this was a nice compliment coming from someone in the same draft class as Kanter. Will be fun to see exactly what kind of player Kanter will be. Of course, I'm keeping a level head about it because anything can happen. In the meantime, go Kanter! :)

Always good to hear these things if even they don't mean that much. Still good news.

Can't wait to see these guys in camp!

Jazz practice facility to open on Thursday or Friday (I've read both), maybe the local news can get a video clip of these guys jackpotting around without coaches.

I heard that coaches and Gms were not allowed to be with the players in the practice facility until the deal has been ratified.

https://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/utah_jazz

Just thought this was a nice compliment coming from someone in the same draft class as Kanter. Will be fun to see exactly what kind of player Kanter will be. Of course, I'm keeping a level head about it because anything can happen. In the meantime, go Kanter! :)

This is apparently one of the reasons we are very open to trading Millsap or Jefferson. Obviously we think he is going to be good. Hope the Euro championships helped prepare him for training camp.

Anyone know where Enes was working out? Any word when he will get into SLC? CJ got to SLC yesterday and somehow had a workout, hopefully he and the other Jazz veterans will organize somekind of workouts and get the rookies invited in.

Anyone know where Enes was working out? Any word when he will get into SLC? CJ got to SLC yesterday and somehow had a workout, hopefully he and the other Jazz veterans will organize somekind of workouts and get the rookies invited in.

here you go ---> https://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsjazznotes/53000253-62/kanter-cba-enes-jazz.html.csp

nice little surge of hope for kanter, but i am still pretty convinced of what we can expect from him in year one. best case scenario: a reliable backup who is the fourth guy playing behind a three-man big rotation for 10-15 minutes a night (or more in cases of foul trouble, injury). worst case scenario: curtis borchardt.

He should have hyped him up before the draft; this way Kanter would have went #2

It's funny you say that, cuz I was wondering if he's been waiting to say it but didn't for that very reason? #2 does get more money than #3 pick.

here you go ---> https://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsjazznotes/53000253-62/kanter-cba-enes-jazz.html.csp

nice little surge of hope for kanter, but i am still pretty convinced of what we can expect from him in year one. best case scenario: a reliable backup who is the fourth guy playing behind a three-man big rotation for 10-15 minutes a night (or more in cases of foul trouble, injury). worst case scenario: curtis borchardt.

Curtis is pretty small compared to Enes. Plus, he already has alot more skill and power moves than Curtis had. International players are generally more polished when they start out. I think worst case is he's a reliable backup. Maybe a slightly better Araujo. Best case is he puts up All-Star numbers. I'm not 100% sure he'll be ever be an MVP type of guy, but I do think he'll be a "big" help. Pardun the pun. ;)

Curtis is pretty small compared to Enes. Plus, he already has alot more skill and power moves than Curtis had. International players are generally more polished when they start out. I think worst case is he's a reliable backup. Maybe a slightly better Araujo. Best case is he puts up All-Star numbers. I'm not 100% sure he'll be ever be an MVP type of guy, but I do think he'll be a "big" help. Pardun the pun. ;)

From what little I have seen of Kanter Araujo isn't nearly as quick and agile as Kanter. Kanter moves around the court on offense more like Boozer and on D if Boozer ever rotationed on D. At the center position that will be a large upgrade in athletic ability for us.