What's new

Derrick Williams on Enes Kanter (working out together)

Curtis is pretty small compared to Enes. Plus, he already has alot more skill and power moves than Curtis had. International players are generally more polished when they start out. I think worst case is he's a reliable backup. Maybe a slightly better Araujo. Best case is he puts up All-Star numbers. I'm not 100% sure he'll be ever be an MVP type of guy, but I do think he'll be a "big" help. Pardun the pun. ;)

borchardt has skill and power moves, too. he was a projected lotto pick and only fell because of injuries. just sayin'.

either way, i'm not trying to compare kanter to borch, or araujo, or anyone. i guess i'm just trying to keep our expectations honest, because around here everybody's talking like he's a sure-fire star, when the vast majority of draft picks max out at something far south of their draft-day potential. instead of taking best-case on all four of our recent lotto picks, we should probably recognize that it's just as likely that a couple of them don't pan out.

Anything that Kanter gives the Jazz this season is gravy. I hope to get fat(ter) on gravy.