What's new

Deserves own thread - Omer Yurtseven

So how do these leagues work? If the kid is eligible for NCAA he isn't playing for money, right? So is he in school while he plays for Fener? Who takes care of him? I always just assumed Sabonis had his dad to fall back on so that's why he was okay with not getting paid before college, but there's probably a whole system there that I'm missing.

Not sure if you're joking or not. The dude has seven yurts. He doesn't have to worry about who is taking care of him.

Sorry but he would not have played in Euroleague final. Coach was not giving him time. He is not under any real contract. Dont blame him one bit for pursuing something else. Unfortunately, he is a bonehead in the aspect that he added the state to North Carolina hopefully he will go back and see his error. They better get docs to NCAA fast. I can easily see him not getting clearance before season starts.

He was the fourth big behind Ekpe Udoh, Jan vesely, and Pero Antic. He played decent minutes in Euroleague and Turkish league for a contender. To me even training with these Veterans is a very good preperation to NBA but obviously he has different views.

as far as I understand, Fenerbahçe will not fight against Omer's NCAA application

Not sure if you're joking or not. The dude has seven yurts. He doesn't have to worry about who is taking care of him.

Oh so yurt means penis in slang? I get it now.

Info för anyone interested:

Yurt: Country, homeland
Seven: Lover, the one who loves.

Yurtseven: His homeland's lover.

He was the fourth big behind Ekpe Udoh, Jan vesely, and Pero Antic. He played decent minutes in Euroleague and Turkish league for a contender. To me even training with these Veterans is a very good preperation to NBA but obviously he has different views.

as far as I understand, Fenerbahçe will not fight against Omer's NCAA application

Yeap, but still expect those sheets that claim he took money from Fener.

Datome was also getting minutes at the 4. He only played if things were going horrible wrong or horribly right and even then in Euroleague they care so much about point differential he still did not play that much.

He didn't even have an offer from UK. I posted just because I thought it was post worthy.[/QUOTE

NC State is kind of a strange program. They are getting some pretty big time recruits, but on the same token they keep losing players to transfer and players leaving before they should. Will see if Rowan, Yurtseven, and Smith is a enough.

He didn't even have an offer from UK. I posted just because I thought it was post worthy.[/QUOTE

NC State is kind of a strange program. They are getting some pretty big time recruits, but on the same token they keep losing players to transfer and players leaving before they should. Will see if Rowan, Yurtseven, and Smith is a enough.

Smith is a badass... but I don't think they'll get to 20 wins.

He is the next Kanter in terms of attitude. He could have played in Euroleague final yesterday, but now setting individual records in a U18 game.

Listen to what his coach Obradovic (8 times european champion) says about him. Relevant part starts around 5 minute mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSMt_UmkdaY
To me it sounds like the douchebag coach is selfish and me first attitude.
My Lord... the only thing ugly about that was the douche bag coach suggesting that a then 16 year old should show loyalty to his team over what's best for himself. That's Stone Age crap.

Can you imagine being 16 years old and being berated by a hypocrite like that?? I don't care how successful the dude's been.
This.
Fener does everything they can to try to make sure the kids are ineligible for amateur play.
According to Omer and his parents, they haven't received one dime from Fener and haven't signed any agreements whatsoever. Fener claims they have paid into an account "on behalf of Omer" and thereby he has been paid.

Omer says the account does not belong to him or his family and they have taken no money.

So let's assume the NCAA rules him eligible (for giggles)... He would be on scholarship and have his education, room, and board paid for by the university of his choice.

Easy peasy.

What a jackass whinny *** coach

Finally! Someone explained at last. For Christ's sake you guys...

It's actually like a tent home thing that people live in.

It's funny because living in a yurt means you are probably a poor hippie type. But having seven yurts, now that's some kind of something.