What's new

Detroit Pistons @ Utah Jazz, 8pm Central Time

To me this is an indictment of the theory that rookies should get their experience in the d-league. There are probably cases where the rookie should go to the d-league (as in a contending team that really has not spot for the rookie yet), but for the most part I believer that game time and true coaching from a real NBA team and coach will almost always be better for their development.

I literally shudder to think about it but can you imagine if they left Exum's development in the hands of Tyrone Corbin.

Last edited:
My favorite part of the game was Boler screaming, "NO LOOK PASS!" As Gobert stated down Hayward and gave him a nice (but not a no looker) pass.

Boler tries so hard...

My favorite part of the game was Boler screaming, "NO LOOK PASS!" As Gobert stated down Hayward and gave him a nice (but not a no looker) pass.

Boler tries so hard...

I always love it when Boler says "long 3" and the player is well within the arc. To his credit, Boone never corrects him. Nor does Bolerjack ever go back and say it was just a two: blissful ignorance.

Hey guys remember last year after the all-star break?

Yep, the speculation on what we'd have to give to trade up into the top-3 kept me entertained for a couple of months. Then the debate over Gordon vs. Randle vs. Smart was quite fun, mixed in with the constant "Stauskas will be a stud" refrain from a certain poster.

Last night Boone used the term "downward spiral" to describe the Jazz after the all-star break last year. That sums it up pretty well.

Eh, I'm not worried yet. I think fighting over the same rebounds to pad stats (ala Lance Stephenson) would be worse. And by letting Gobert get the obvious boards he can save that energy and use it on offense, which is what I felt like he did tonight.
Well if Favors is going to block more shots, he has to let Rudy feel good about himself in other ways. Nice of Favs to throw him a bone and let Gobert get some boards.

Super impressed with Exum. He is having a huge effect on games without taking a ton of shots. The hustle play was bananas, but I was more impressed with his man to man defense... He was up in Jackson's jersey.
Yep. The whole Jazz team impresses me. Case in point why Kanter needed to be moved...do you see how many times Favors and Gobert have to switch off and cover a wing? And they are very effective doing so. Favs has the speed to do it and Rudy maintains good position and then raises his skyscraper arms. Hood is also a much better defender than I thought he'd be.

caguqe-veaap6o4.jpg

Brent Barry on that Utah Jazz bandwagon.

Nice win tonight. Detroit did a good job defensively throughout. Luckily Hood stepped up and knocked down some shots down the stretch which proved to be huge. It was also nice that Hayward came up with two big buckets during money time as well after a relatively quiet game (credit Pistons D).

I like Millsap's edge but I'm curious to see if he sticks around next season. Ingles is a goner I'd bet. I think we trade our draft pick for a proven shooter who can guard opposing team's small forwards to replace him. I also hope we can bring in Cooley in place of Evans (as much as I appreciate Evans' presence over the years and I'm sure he's a great teammate).

Goddamn the future is bright! Gimme some shades!

HAIL QUIN

I think we only have 8 spots locked up:
Favors, Gobert, Booker, Hayward, Burks, Hood, Exum, Burke

Add in - at most - 2 draft picks (we won't keep all 3) and either 2 FA's or one FA and Tomic OR Pleiss. That's 12. Add in Ingles and Millsap and we're at 14. They'll be back. But that's GREAT news. When you can have guys like Elijah and Joe at the very end of the bench instead of players like Clark, Cotton, Jarrett, Bennimon, etc., it means you are getting very, very deep. If our 13th/14th/15th players were Millsap, Ingles and either Cooley or Motum, I'd be thrilled.

It's really him. He was sitting one section over from me. He tweeted about the game too.

Why was he there? Really wish we hd him at numerous points in his career. In any case, about 12-13 years ago I heard some rumor either here or on JazzHoops about how Brent Barry hated the Jazz or something, but nobody ever elaborated on this though I think it had been referenced a couple times. Anyone have any clue?