What's new

Dexter Starts this Sunday

I've enjoyed this season. I really like Brother Sam and all the new character development. With that being said, I think the last episode with Dexter's brother and the Iowa trip visit was weird and I didn't like it or Dexter. I'm interested to see how the main plot pans out this season. Should be good.

I've enjoyed this season. I really like Brother Sam and all the new character development. With that being said, I think the last episode with Dexter's brother and the Iowa trip visit was weird and I didn't like it or Dexter. I'm interested to see how the main plot pans out this season. Should be good.

I agree that I didn't like that version of Dexter on that road trip, but that single episode did a lot to further his character development. I liked what he discovered about himself through that. And I really liked the way he picked his dad up hitch-hiking. I thought that was a good exploration of Dexter's mind and thought processes, and maybe a hint that he is slipping further and further into madness.

Oh and I really liked the Brother Sam character. We knew he was a throw-away character in the end, but I thought he brought a new depth to the show...here is a killer that Dexter morally can't kill...and I hoped he would stay, but I was not surprised at all how it ended up.

I am really enjoying this season a lot. Dexter definitely went off the deep end for a minute in Nebraska there. Not sure what I think of Hanks' acting yet, but the DDK is a good plot and has kept me highly entertained.

Just watching this week's episode now. The end to the season feels fairly predictable to me, though I'm probably way off and wrong about 93 times a day. The babysitter, what's his name's sister, will be the final girl kidnapped. Otherwise, what's her purpose in the show? Why have her in particular be the babysitter? EJO will see her relationship with Dexter as a sin, Bogart her, she'll be tied to the floor of the church or some ****, Dexter and the girl's brother will be racing against time to save her, and they either will or won't.

At the end of the day, while Dexter has questioned his own lack of faith and perhaps started to see the light, the darkness will overwhelm him, he'll see that people are who they are, and while there is goodness in the world, he has to continue doing his deeds to keep the world safe from the monsters out there. Or some ****.

I think having Batista's sister as the baby sitter is to show that Dexter still has Harrison and he's being watched so people aren't like, "Where the **** is Dexter and who has Harrison?"

BTW, I really liked when Dexter drowned the murderer of Brother Sam. It made me feel good.

I think having Batista's sister as the baby sitter is to show that Dexter still has Harrison and he's being watched so people aren't like, "Where the **** is Dexter and who has Harrison?"

BTW, I really liked when Dexter drowned the murderer of Brother Sam. It made me feel good.

I get it. But why his sister? He could have had any semi-hot chick with great legs be the perma-sitter.

I get it. But why his sister? He could have had any semi-hot chick with great legs be the perma-sitter.

Other than the lurking idea that she will be a plot device at some point, it kind of makes sense to be Batista's sister (or at least related to a cop). She understands cop life and is willing to help out and knows someone who knows and trusts Dexter, so his strange comings and goings are not that strange to her. It also helps avoid the crap with that one nanny that freaked out how much he was gone and thought he was a bad dad because of it.

Plus, they may have just wanted to add a few more characters to the show for the hell of it.

Like the cop from Chicago. I still don't know if I like him or not. He is on the fence as to whether he will be a prick or end up being a decent guy. It does add a new layer of complexity.

I also am kind of liking Batista and Quinn as partners. That is an interesting dynamic there.

I still can't stand Deb. I haven't liked her character since the beginning of the series. She either is always pissed off and f-bombing everyone no matter the audience or is always on the verge of crying her eyes out. Maybe it is the actress, maybe she needs to learn range or something, but I really don't like her.

Last night's episode was the best of the season so far for me. It's starting to get intense. I'm interested to see how it plays out.

Last edited:
I am guessing her boss. At the start of this season she blackmailed him to get her captains position by threatening to uncover his name in some hookers black book.