What's new

Dexter Starts this Sunday

Good timing for Dexter to finish up.....starting to get really repetitive.

I have liked Dexter from the beginning with the notable exceptions of good chunks of season 2 and 5 (most of season 5 was crap as far as I am concerned, the writing went really downhill, couldn't stand Lumen, and they left way too many loose ends when they dropped storylines just to button everything up nice and neat at the picnic at the end. Garbage.) But I have to say that this is an accurate post.

How many other serial killers, or serial killer sympathizers, or serial killer wanna-be's can there possibly be even in a large metro area like Miami, and what are the odds they all get together with Dexter for tea and crumpets all the freaking time. A series like this obviously always stretches the boundaries of credibility, but it is getting to be repetitive enough that both my wife and I guess in the very first episode this season who that new woman was and what her obsession with Dexter would be, and we nailed it. At least we know this season will end it and can hope for a few twists and turns that leave us guessing from episode to episode, but so far it doesn't look that way.

When Deb was shacking up with that guy she was staking out did anyone else imagine they were that guy?
Ok so it was only me....

So far pretty happy with this season. Lots of good twists. Can't help but think that Vogel is working with her son despite the effort to show her "proving" she didn't send Dexter after him. She seems to like the little bits of brain, and she was eyeing the last one with a happy smile while talking to Dexter on the phone. And she got it pretty fast, the same night the kid was operated on.

Good timing for Dexter to finish up.....starting to get really repetitive.

Is this sarcasm?

I like Dexter but the story is just a rehash every season. Dexter follows the killer the whole season and somebody finds out who he really is.

I miss Trinity. Now THAT was a good season. IMO Deb needs to die thanks to Hannah and that needs to be how he gets caught. I'll be disappointed if he walks off into happily ever after. Too many people have pointed fingers in his direction and Deb has been too much of a freak this season for someone not to notice. Happy endings for serial killers are just stupid.

I miss Trinity. Now THAT was a good season. IMO Deb needs to die thanks to Hannah and that needs to be how he gets caught. I'll be disappointed if he walks off into happily ever after. Too many people have pointed fingers in his direction and Deb has been too much of a freak this season for someone not to notice. Happy endings for serial killers are just stupid.

The Trinity season was the best, by far. One of the best seasons for any series. But it's been an avalanche downhill since then. The only reason I am even still watching this train wreck is just to see how it wraps up. If this wasn't the final season, I would have been done. The only good thing about this season is that it leads into Ray Donovan.

I have liked Dexter from the beginning with the notable exceptions of good chunks of season 2 and 5 (most of season 5 was crap as far as I am concerned, the writing went really downhill, couldn't stand Lumen, and they left way too many loose ends when they dropped storylines just to button everything up nice and neat at the picnic at the end. Garbage.) But I have to say that this is an accurate post.

How many other serial killers, or serial killer sympathizers, or serial killer wanna-be's can there possibly be even in a large metro area like Miami, and what are the odds they all get together with Dexter for tea and crumpets all the freaking time. A series like this obviously always stretches the boundaries of credibility, but it is getting to be repetitive enough that both my wife and I guess in the very first episode this season who that new woman was and what her obsession with Dexter would be, and we nailed it. At least we know this season will end it and can hope for a few twists and turns that leave us guessing from episode to episode, but so far it doesn't look that way.

more than you think.

The Trinity season was the best, by far. One of the best seasons for any series. But it's been an avalanche downhill since then. The only reason I am even still watching this train wreck is just to see how it wraps up. If this wasn't the final season, I would have been done. The only good thing about this season is that it leads into Ray Donovan.

It was the same way for me with Weeds too. Doug (Kevin Nealon) was the only thing that kept me watching until the end. Final seasons SHOULD be epic.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using JazzFanz mobile app