What's new

Did Gordon Ever Call Gail?

Jerk. Yes.

But he also seems horribly passive aggressive to me. It was clear the only reason he denied the Boston decision when it leaked was so he could write his wonderful article that was supposed to make all of Utah feel better. It was his way of easing his conscience.

Then doesn't have the guts to call Gail.

Living in Utah I know Passive aggressive, and it described Gordy perfectly.

Doesn't surprise me at all. Gordon turned out to be a much bigger jerk than any of us realized.
The important part about Hayward’s attitude and behavior is that it makes me appreciate Donovan even more.

All that posturing and trying to control the message to help “build his brand” and he fumbled it hardcore. Then Spida swoops in oozing confidence and charisma. So happy he’s in Utah.

The important part about Hayward’s attitude and behavior is that it makes me appreciate Donovan even more.

All that posturing and trying to control the message to help “build his brand” and he fumbled it hardcore. Then Spida swoops in oozing confidence and charisma. So happy he’s in Utah.
Yah it was a good lesson for our FO I think and hopefully it would not happen again...

Who cares about this fool anymore?

Mitchell was a better player in his rookie season than Hayward ever was here in 7 seasons.

Did Hayward ever receive any votes for the all-defensive teams?

No, but Mitchell received one this year.

List of notable records/accolades owned by Mitchell after year 1:

- Most 3PT made by a rookie in a single season in NBA history (passed Dame Lillard

- Most points by a guard in their first 2 playoffs games (passed Michael Jordan)

- Most steals in a rookie season in team history (passed Andrei Kirilenko)

- Most points in a single game by a rookie in team history (passed Darrell Griffith)

- Most points in a playoff game by a rookie in team history (passed Karl Malone)

- 3rd fastest rookie to 200 points in playoffs (only behind Kareem and Wilt)

- Joined David Robinson and later Jayson Tatum as the only rookies to score 20+ points in 5 straight playoff games

- Joined Michael Jordan as the only guards to score 100+ points in their first 4 playoff games

- Most points in a playoff game by a former Louisville player

- First rookie to score 40+ points in a game since 2011

- Most points by a rookie in a playoff game in the past 31 years

- Unanimously selected for All-Rookie First Team

- NBPA Rookie of the Year

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Have they announced rookie of the year, mvp, coach of the year, dpoy etc yet?
If not, anyone know when they will?

not a surprise...same guy who dumped his high school/college gf without a word, until she saw a pic of hayward engaged.

Let. It. Go.

For some, this is closure. For others, it can be used as a lesson in humility. We don't deserve an explanation, but for some that are invested emotionally in the team, the players, etc, including our children, it can be a valuable example.

Also, we really need to know how much to boo the f***** when he returns next year.

not a surprise...same guy who dumped his high school/college gf without a word, until she saw a pic of hayward engaged.
Is that how it really happened?

Hating on Hayward when we have Donovan is wasted energy. It's beneath us as a fan base, and organization. It's like caring about your what your ex did or does when you have found your true love. It's small minded, and "stuck in the past" backward thinking. Let's embrace the wonderful thing we have whole heartedly and generate positive energy and karma. Our current team deserves no less than our undivided attention and support.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using JazzFanz mobile app

Hayward has to be (or close to) the most hated Jazz player ever

Yeah he's right up there now with Raja Bell, DWill and Boozer. Probably higher.

And at lease DWill and Boozer took us to the Western Conference Finals... what has Hayward done?

Meh. Love happens. It hit Robyn and Gordon hard. They got engaged after just five months. And by their actions when they left, they deserve each other.

You always hear that phrase "blessing in disguise." Little did we know that Hayward leaving, and maybe even the way he did, was the best thing to happen to the Jazz. It united the team, it allowed Ingles to thrive in his new role. Had Hayward not left, Donovan's star would not have risen very high. Mitchell would have had to defer to Gordon.

I wish Gordon and the Celtics nothing but the worst. But I'm not dwelling on that. I hardly think about Gordon any more. I'm focused on Donovan, Rudy, Jingles, etc. I'm excited for the draft. I'm excited for free agency. I'm excited for the February trade deadline, because the Jazz are in it to win it now. I know Lindsey will strike when the time and assets are right. And I'm excited to see Mitchell continue to grow as the face of the franchise and as a face of the NBA. He's everything we could have dreamed of...and more.

Meh. Love happens. It hit Robyn and Gordon hard. They got engaged after just five months. And by their actions when they left, they deserve each other.

You always hear that phrase "blessing in disguise." Little did we know that Hayward leaving, and maybe even the way he did, was the best thing to happen to the Jazz. It united the team, it allowed Ingles to thrive in his new role. Had Hayward not left, Donovan's star would not have risen very high. Mitchell would have had to defer to Gordon.

I wish Gordon and the Celtics nothing but the worst. But I'm not dwelling on that. I hardly think about Gordon any more. I'm focused on Donovan, Rudy, Jingles, etc. I'm excited for the draft. I'm excited for free agency. I'm excited for the February trade deadline, because the Jazz are in it to win it now. I know Lindsey will strike when the time and assets are right. And I'm excited to see Mitchell continue to grow as the face of the franchise and as a face of the NBA. He's everything we could have dreamed of...and more.
LAMEWARD