What's new

Did We really draft T.Bradley over Kuzma???

jazzfan1132

Am i wrong or we give up a draft pick for this ?
He played in UT, what went wrong?
AHA don't tell me he will be Steven Adams for five years.

The Lakers picked Kuzma with the #27 pick. The Jazz drafted Bradley with the #28 pick. Technically, Kuzma wasn't on the board for us.

Lakers were paying 9 dollars to beat the Rockets!! Wish i'd put a few bob on...

Did we really trade Trey Lyles and the #24 and draft Donovan Mitchell, who is likely to finish 2nd in the ROY voting?

Ain't hindsight grand?
Yes, would have been nice to have this version of Kuzma. But he wasn't on the board. Let's not forget Kuzma played 3 years at Utah. Bradley only played 1 year; he's 2+ yrs. younger. The fact SA wanted him is good enough for me. Many were saying he had the potential to be a lotto pick in 2018 if he returned to college for 1 more season.

We couldn't have drafted Kuzma because he was taken ahead of Bradley. However, I'm sure we could have gotten up one spot to get him.

It doesn't matter, if we had Kuzma, Quin would leave him on the bench in favor of Favors.

Sent from my [device_name] using JazzFanz mobile app

We couldn't have drafted Kuzma because he was taken ahead of Bradley. However, I'm sure we could have gotten up one spot to get him.

It doesn't matter, if we had Kuzma, Quin would leave him on the bench in favor of Favors.

Sent from my [device_name] using JazzFanz mobile app

What makes you sure we could have moved up to get Kuzma? IMO it is often not easy at all to move up. The fact that DL has made a habit of it is a tribute to his ability.

Jazz had 2 1st rounders and a couple 2nds.

We used our earliest 1st and Lyles to trade up for Mitchell.

We used the 30th pick and 2nd rounder to move up 2 spots to 28th. Kuzma was already gone by then.

Is your argument that DL should have worked some other hypothetical trade to move up at least 1 more spot to grab Kuzma? Sure sounds great but come on...

Jazz had 2 1st rounders and a couple 2nds.

We used our earliest 1st and Lyles to trade up for Mitchell.

We used the 30th pick and 2nd rounder to move up 2 spots to 28th. Kuzma was already gone by then.

Is your argument that DL should have worked some other hypothetical trade to move up at least 1 more spot to grab Kuzma? Sure sounds great but come on...
I think that could've been a reasonable possibility. Who could we have added to entice the Lakers? In any case, it's water over the dam. Looks like Kuzma is going to be as good as Donovan.

I think that could've been a reasonable possibility. Who could we have added to entice the Lakers? In any case, it's water over the dam. Looks like Kuzma is going to be as good as Donovan.

It's all a bunch of hypotheticals. We have no idea if it was a reasonable possibility.

They had locked into Kuzma from what I heard (might be revisionist history). I don't think they would have let us jump them in the draft order to get him.

did we really trade Magic Johnson's draft pick
did we really trade Dominique Wilkins for cash
did we really trade cash for Gobert

blah blah blah

It'd be great if they'd move Kuzma in a salary clearing deal to get room for two max contracts. Unfortunately, they're not.

I heard the Jazz were very impressed with Kuzma but tried not to draw attention to him. I have wondered if the Jazz knew the Lakers were taking Kuzma 27 or if the Jazz interest in moving up prompted the Lakers to take Kuzma. Just speculation on my part, probably because moving up to pick Bradley has always seemed odd to me.

I heard the Jazz were very impressed with Kuzma but tried not to draw attention to him. I have wondered if the Jazz knew the Lakers were taking Kuzma 27 or if the Jazz interest in moving up prompted the Lakers to take Kuzma. Just speculation on my part, probably because moving up to pick Bradley has always seemed odd to me.

The move up explanation was kind of weird. Maybe we tried to trick them and said we wanted someone else... thinking they would take him and we'd get Kuzma.